Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Man, the Stars look so solid from A to Z.

This will be an incredibly difficult challenge for my Oilers to come out of this one the victor. Almost feels the same as a couple years ago with the Avs… both the Avs then and this Stars team are legit and had/have an awesome team. Just hoping this time we can win a couple games and you never know.

Brain says Stars. Heart says Oilers!

Let’s go!

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
From my limited viewings, Dallas might be the deepest team in the NHL. They can quite literally roll 4 lines and three pairings and they are fine. Not to mention Otter is a beast. They wore down the Avalanche with just wave after wave with each line. I'm honestly impressed by them.

If the Stars are healthy, I think they take this in 5.
Arent Dallas playing Lundqvist like 4 minutes a game on the third pairing?

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Homer vote: Oilers in 6.

But I gotta be honest here. The Stars have an amazing roster, very good depth and key players in every position. Won't be easy. Heiskanen easily is one of my favourite defenceman in the league. Also can't bring myself to hate them somehow.

May the better team win.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Incredibly jealous at how well Dallas has drafted in the last 5-6 years. And mostly it's the guys they've found outside the 1st round. It's easier to get a Heiskanen right at #3, but then to go get Oettinger and Robertson later in the same draft. Stankoven looks like a steal in the 2nd round. They should be good for a long time after their old guys call it quits.

Hopefully they don't figure it all out for another year or two ;)

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
They didn't look very good vs Dallas.

That's because Dallas is a good team. It's their second consecutive year in the Conference finals. People underestimate them and forget they lost to Tampa in the Finals a few years ago. It's their third Western Conference finals in the last 5 seasons.

Colorado is the opposite. They only made it out of the second round once in the 11 years they had MacKinnon but they were a powerhouse team that one season so everyone assumes they're always a powerhouse despite Dallas being the way more consistent team over that period.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I'll go Stars in 7.

The way the Oilers played when their life was on the line made them look unstoppable. The Oilers will live or die with Skinner though and I think that gives the edge to Dallas.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
That's because Dallas is a good team. It's their second consecutive year in the Conference finals. People underestimate them and forget they lost to Tampa in the Finals a few years ago. It's their third Western Conference finals in the last 5 seasons.

Colorado is the opposite. They only made it out of the second round once in the 9 years they had MacKinnon but they were a powerhouse team that one season so everyone assumes they're always a powerhouse despite Dallas being the way more consistent team over that period.

Sounds like they are gonna be tired ;)

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Two of my favorite moments from Stars/Oilers series of the past..

… and I was at this game… other than the Cup clinching wins, this was my favorite Oiler game I ever attended….

Man, Bob Cole was a beauty!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic Mittens

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Stars best line so far in this playoffs has been their 3rd with Johnston, Benn and Stankoven. Pavelski hasn’t even got going yet. But because they’re so deep, a different line will step up every game.

Also pretty sure they had 8 forwards with more than 20 goals this year. That’s a very impressive stat.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
The Stars best line so far in this playoffs has been their 3rd with Johnston, Benn and Stankoven. Pavelski hasn’t even got going yet. But because they’re so deep, they don’t need to have all lines to produce every night.

Also pretty sure they had 8 forwards with more than 20 goals this year. That’s a very impressive stat.
Can guarantee that Pavelski will show up, he always seems to score against the Oilers.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Dallas in 5.

Too many things missing from Oilers game/players/system.

Dallas > Edmonton

goaltending
overall defending
coaching
depth scoring
quantity of key core players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad