WC tournament in Russia: every team

Faktisti*

so here we can judge every team!

russia: have alot of talented players. biggest guestion is, can russia play as a team. if it can it will be tough. defending and goaltending are also guestions..

sweden: allways strong, but the most talented players are off. they pass' well and plays as a team. very balanced team.

finland: good players and very dangerous powerplay line. plays also good team playing and goaltending.

Czech republic: pretty much good nhl players, which are pretty talented. they are good to strike back. good goaltending, but what about defence? is team tough enough?

slovak: pretty much theit best nhl players so they are dangerous. good offence, but goaltending and defence might be a problem. is chara enough?

canada: strong and good tackling team. also very balanced team. they know how to win. not very strong and very weak points. dont have their stars in tournament so is offence enough?

U.S.A: not full of stars, but can win any team. young and fast team. also balanced

Fight Like Laraque*

This might seem stupid-but the tremendous speed of Finland will crush every other team into submission and eventually finlands goalies will bring the house down. Finland will dominate the WC as also they should have won the Olympic Games

Faktisti*

This might seem stupid-but the tremendous speed of Finland will crush every other team into submission and eventually finlands goalies will bring the house down. Finland will dominate the WC as also they should have won the Olympic Games

i agree! finland is the fastest and talentest team

ihanaa leijonat!

Faktisti*

How do you explain not winning a big title in years with all this amazing Russian talent?

i can answer that! every russian haas allways just moved the and maded some tricks and played for them selves. they just cant play as a team! sorry

Kaktus*

How do you explain not winning a big title in years with all this amazing Russian talent?
In years? Last time Russians won gold was in 1992, since then they won bronze and silver at the Olympics. 15 years is nothing. What did Finland win? Silver?

Finland is the fastest team? lol Will see.. Speed means crap when you can not score goals. When it comes to scoring only Canada can match.

Pushkin*

In years? Last time Russians won gold was in 1992, since then they won bronze and silver at the Olympics. 15 years is nothing. What did Finland win? Silver?

Finland is the fastest team? lol Will see.. Speed means crap when you can not score goals. When it comes to scoring only Canada can match.

Russia won gold in 1993 + 2 medals in olympics and were the only team to be in each 1/2 finals since "pros" are at the olympics. Meanwhile we won 3 Gold in the JR + 8 times in last 10 years in the final... Very Good. Plus you can say Russia won 3 stanley cups with Detroit Russian Five and with Sergei Igor and Pavel later

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
so here we can judge every team!

russia: have alot of talented players. biggest guestion is, can russia play as a team. if it can it will be tough. defending and goaltending are also guestions..

sweden: allways strong, but the most talented players are off. they pass' well and plays as a team. very balanced team.

finland: good players and very dangerous powerplay line. plays also good team playing and goaltending.

Czech republic: pretty much good nhl players, which are pretty talented. they are good to strike back. good goaltending, but what about defence? is team tough enough?

slovak: pretty much theit best nhl players so they are dangerous. good offence, but goaltending and defence might be a problem. is chara enough?

canada: strong and good tackling team. also very balanced team. they know how to win. not very strong and very weak points. dont have their stars in tournament so is offence enough?

U.S.A: not full of stars, but can win any team. young and fast team. also balanced

slovakia hasn't had such a good combo like krizan-halak as loong as i remeber. halak has been hot in last month he playd for habs...i havent followed krizan but there great reports flying around regarding the season he just had in sweden...

i'm personaly not woring about slovak goaltending...kindy strange...my biggest concern is offence...slovakia often with big individuals had failed to score goals when it counts....we'll see

go slovakia go!:yo:

Kaktus*

Russia won gold in 1993 + 2 medals in olympics and were the only team to be in each 1/2 finals since "pros" are at the olympics. Meanwhile we won 3 Gold in the JR + 8 times in last 10 years in the final... Very Good. Plus you can say Russia won 3 stanley cups with Detroit Russian Five and with Sergei Igor and Pavel later
Who the hell is we? and what is JR? If you mean WJC? Then, it it almost always between Russia and Canada. Almost every single time.

Pushkin*

And it should be Canada also at the worlds and olympics then! How come they can't deliver ????

Your old Jofa helmet

Oct 2, 2006
Toronto
Russia won gold in 1993 + 2 medals in olympics and were the only team to be in each 1/2 finals since "pros" are at the olympics

Should we also count quarterfinals? :)

The last time Russia won anything in major hockey was 1993. That's too long ago for a top hockey country, isn't it?

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
That's all great but your last senior Gold medal was 14 years ago! You need to play as a team to win and it's not a cliché that Russia usually does not play as a team. With its amazing talent, it should have won more major Championships than that. If this powerful Team Russia doesn't win the Championship, I don't know what else can you do but to send them to Siberia.

Kaktus*

That's all great but your last senior Gold medal was 14 years ago! You need to play as a team to win and it's not a cliché that Russia usually does not play as a team. With its amazing talent, it should have won more major Championships than that. If this powerful Team Russia doesn't win the Championship, I don't know what else can you do but to send them to Siberia.
Well it is sad but since 1993 gold medal, plus silver and bronze... not so bad.. Still a top team.

If we start comparing Russians since 93 to every other hockey country the result will not be so bad. Only Sweedes will have better record with two gold medals. I am not sure about Canada I think they only have one gold medal since 93. I know Czech have one gold and bronze. USA has one silver? Finland one silver. I did not check stats.. can someone provide link?

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
Well it is sad but since 1993 gold medal, plus silver and bronze... not so bad.. Still a top team.

If we start comparing Russians since 93 to every other hockey country the result will not be so bad. Only Sweedes will have better record with two gold medals. I am not sure about Canada I think they only have one gold medal since 93. I know Czech have one gold and bronze. USA has one silver? Finland one silver. I did not check stats.. can someone provide link?

1993 Russia Sweden Czech Republic
1994 Canada Finland Sweden
1995 Finland Sweden Canada
1996 Czech Republic Canada
1997 Canada Sweden Czech Republic
1998 Sweden Finland Czech Republic
1999 Czech Republic Finland Sweden
2000 Czech Republic Slovakia Finland
2001 Czech Republic Finland Sweden
2002 Slovakia Russia Sweden
2003 Canada Sweden Slovakia
2004 Canada Sweden USA
2005 Czech Republic Canada Russia
2006 Sweden Czech Republic Finland

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
1993 Russia Sweden Czech Republic
1994 Canada Finland Sweden
1995 Finland Sweden Canada

World Champs since last RUS gold (incl.) in 1993
---------------
CZE 5 1 3 - 8 medals in 14yrs
CAN 4 2 1 - 7
SWE 2 5 4 - 11
FIN 1 4 2 - 7
RUS 1 1 1 - 3
SVK 1 1 1 - 3
USA 0 0 2 - 2
---------------

OG's since 1994
---------------
SWE 2 0 0 - 2 medals in 4 OG's
CAN 1 1 0 - 2
CZE 1 0 1 - 2
FIN 0 1 2 - 3
RUS 0 1 1 - 2
USA 0 1 0 - 1
---------------

WCup finals since 1996
---------------
CAN 2 (1 win/1 loss)
USA 1 (1 win)
FIN 1 (1 loss)
---------------

:teach:

Seems to me there's been one BIG,
nowadays also known as BÃ…G :),
then the "Big3" (CZE, CAN, FIN) close
behind and finally the "WannabeBig7"
(RUS, USA, SVK) quite a bit behind.

Last edited:

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
---------------
CAN 4 2 1 - 7
SWE 2 5 4 - 11
FIN 1 4 2 - 7
RUS 1 1 1 - 3
SVK 1 0 1 - 2
USA 0 0 2 - 2
---------------

slovakia is 1-1-1:teach:

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
---------------
CAN 4 2 1 - 7
SWE 2 5 4 - 11
FIN 1 4 2 - 7
RUS 1 1 1 - 3
SVK 1 0 1 - 2
USA 0 0 2 - 2
---------------

OG's since 1994
---------------
SWE 2 0 0 - 2 medals in 4 OG's
CAN 1 1 0 - 2
CZE 1 0 1 - 2
FIN 0 1 2 - 3
RUS 0 1 1 - 2
USA 0 1 0 - 1
---------------

WCup finals since 1996
---------------
CAN 2 (1 win/1 loss)
USA 1 (1 win)
FIN 1 (1 loss)
---------------

:teach:

Seems to me there's been one BIG,
nowadays also known as BÃ…G :),
then the "Big3" (CZE, CAN, FIN) close
behind and finally the "WannabeBig7"
(RUS, USA, SVK) quite a bit behind.

i still think its completely useless to go to past..every team is as good as it played in last game...otherwise...how far to past we should go to? 5 years back? 10? 20? 50?

what does it say that XXX team had a medal X years ago? what does it have to do with teams playing in russia this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad