WC SF: MAY 8 GDT - USA vs. SWEDEN (2-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
I can't believe how much the Swedish commentators complain about the refereeing. If anything Sweden has gotten the better of the deal so far.

It's obvious the Swedes are still reeling after the US scored. They're running around, getting out of position, taking dumb penalties.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
and what a beauty, great work by Lidström and excellent finish by PJ

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
pretty good, nothing spectacular. He is great with the puck, that's for sure.
The ones that have been most noticeable IMO are Samuel Påhlsson (the most physical player on the ice) and Jörgen Jönsson.

Forsberg could have, with some more luck, scored a goal and had 2 assists at this point. I have a feeling he'll get a point in the third.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Any idea why Conklin isn't playing? Is he hurt? Or did they just decide to start Dunham even though Conks stoned some of the best players in the world in a shootout?

Eldrick

Apr 23, 2004
s7ark said:
Any idea why Conklin isn't playing? Is he hurt? Or did they just decide to start Dunham even though Conks stoned some of the best players in the world in a shootout?
I believe the American plan all along was to rotate the two tenders regardless of the game. I could be mistaken though...

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
Sweden wins!

Terrific game. USA worked their tails off and made a hell of a game of it, all respect to the american team.

And watching Forsberg and Lidstrom handle the puck on the PP is, to steal Mizral's phrase, ****ing poetry in motion. Damn they're good.

And finally, despite what those bozos on TV3 claim, I think it was a well-reffed game.

SChan*

Sweden is in the final again baby!!!

whoooooooooooooo Go sweden!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Nazgullah said:
Minutes? Really? :)

haha ;) . Great to have Sweden in the final again.
Påhlsson, Jönsson and Salomonsson were IMO the best Swedish players tonight.
Pretty good hockey game although I'm hoping to see a better one tomorrow against Canada.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Full credit to USA. Nice to see such a hardworking team. Sweden played fine. Will be an interesting finals for sure.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Congrats Sweden, I am really impressed by your team and look forward to a great game tomorrow.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
KungFuPenguin said:
And watching Forsberg and Lidstrom handle the puck on the PP is, to steal Mizral's phrase, ****ing poetry in motion. Damn they're good.
Still they can both play better than today, especially Forsberg. Funny how much respect the americans/canadians show against NHLers opposite to non-NHLers on the powerplay. You don´t see that when Sweden play other nations packed with NHLers.

KungFuPenguin said:
And finally, despite what those bozos on TV3 claim, I think it was a well-reffed game.
I still think he sucks, but he wasn´t as horrible as the last game (QF).

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Kronblom said:
Still they can both play better than today, especially Forsberg. Funny how much respect the americans/canadians show against NHLers opposite to non-NHLers. You don´t see that when Sweden play other nations packed with NHLers.

I still think he sucks, but he wasn´t as horrible as the last game (QF).
I agree, this team can play better. And well, the canadian judge was decent, this day belonged to Rick Looker..

SChan*

it's a finnish ref in the final game, I am alright with that.

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
KungFuPenguin said:
I can't believe how much the Swedish commentators complain about the refereeing. If anything Sweden has gotten the better of the deal so far.

It's obvious the Swedes are still reeling after the US scored. They're running around, getting out of position, taking dumb penalties.

Perhaps they are RIGHT and that the PROVEN fact thru YEARS of international hockey still stands true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad