[SEMIFINAL]
Official Tournament website: http://www.iihf.com
Follow the games on-line: http://www.iihf.com/hydra/tournaments/output/WS/
--------------------------------
USA vs. Sweden
--------------------------------

My prediction: 3-1 Sweden
Forsberg, Höglund, D. Tjärnqvist - Park

Sweden was the better team when these two teams played each other in the group stage. USA looked very good against the Czech Republic in the quarterfinal though. Sweden will get two strong additions in Peter Forsberg and Nicklas Lidström. I predict a Swedish win here and a good game by Lundqvist.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
All Sweden-USA games since 1920 right here.

Hopefully for Sweden it won´t be 0-20 like in Chamonix 1924, perhaps 17-2 like in Stockholm 1963. :)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
USA wins, 4-2. USA has better team spirit, better killer instinct and the swedes get over confident with Forsberg and Lidström in the team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Tough game to call. Sweden was the better team (by a fair margin) the last game, but the confidence of the U.S. has never been higher. With similar goaltending and defensive commitment, and a clutch goal or two, the U.S. has a good chance of winning the game. That being said, I'm going to go with my instinct and say Sweden wins 4-2, with the 4th goal being an empty netter. Hope I'm wrong though.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Too bad Vladimir Kopat couldn't marry some American chick tonight, gain citizenship and suit up for team USA tomorrow. We would be assured victory.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Sweden has the two best hockey players in the world suiting up for them. And the rest of the team has looked just great so far.

4-0 Sweden.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I hope U.S. wins, not because I'm American, but because they have Sabres on their roster. :)

Honestly though, if the U.S. takes a medal it will be good for the game here. As unnoticed as the WJC gold may have been in mainstream America, if we keep piling up impressive outings, I think people will start to pay attention.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Gotta go with Sweden here. Their team is loaded with talent. Granted, pure talent doesn't always prevail, but I have a feeling it will this time. Won't say a score, though.

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
Kronblom said:
USA-Sweden will be officiated by referee Nicholas Dutil, Canada. :shakehead
Oh boy, did he screw up the last game or what? I wouldn´t be at all surprised if Team Sweden protest against this.

http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/news/index.ihwc?artId=1836

Than we can pretty much be 100% sure US will win. there is ALWAYS a bias on an American/Canadian Ref at worlds have been for the last 30 years and it still holds true. Would much rather have an Europian ref since they dont have the NA bias to there neighbor

Still Sweden is a much better team from the goalie out that i predict 4-1 Sweden

2 PP goals

Swedish Bolt Fan

Jul 16, 2002
win it again
Visit site
SantaCruZer said:
wtf not a canadian ref plz! Canadians like americans better.

Same story everytime and it is getting kinda dull after a while. I have seen the "help" they give to the brothers across the border since they "understand" the NA way of playing.

Traditionally it has meant a free for all for the NA team while the European team havnt been able to sneeze the wrong way without getting called.

We dont have too long further back than Olympics in SLC to find a joke of North American officiating

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
SantaCruZer said:
wtf not a canadian ref plz! Canadians like americans better.

I dont think its like that. If the ref is bad - then he is, but i dont think there is any sympathies between USA and CAN refs. Well at least not more than FIN & SWE refs.

And i´m sorry but the non-wanted comparison "miracle II" stops here, USA gets to play for bronze.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Two hard-working teams with great goaltenders, should be a great game :yo: Both teams also have a huge team spirit and are very diciplined, PP will be one of the keys to the game.

I think Sweden will, although it'll be a tight game, 2-1 for Sweden. Goals by Nicklas Lidström and Andreas Salomonsson, and Ryan Malone for USA.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
i predict a good game, with lots of shots, a good amount of penalties and finally a 4-3 win for sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad