WC SF: MAY 8 GDT - SLOVAKIA vs. CANADA (1-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
incawg said:
Yep, the slovaks have been diving all game...now they're starting to get powerplays for it.

Indeed it is getting pretty insane out there right now. you can't look at a player right now...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
s7ark,
Well, I don't know how strong Niedermayer is. But if you look at the replay Lasak didn't loose his balance just when he touched him, his left leg moved quite a bit (as Niedermayer's stick was pushing it forward) and that's why he lost his balance.

EDIT: forgot the word "leg" ;)

Last edited:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
now it's getting a bit silly. mitchell with a cross-check in the back of petrovicky and no call. poor reffing today.

the german commentator a few secs ago: the czechs are going high speed. czechs? hahaha...i hope no slovak heard it. :lol

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
incawg said:
oh look, petrovicky has been shot. oh nevermind, he's fine :shakehead

Petrovicky has sure been hammered for diving in this tournament. If he doesn't cool down the term will be "a Petrovicky" instead of "a dive".

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
On the replay I would say what cooke did was more golaie interferrence then Neid. But it was a close call for sure. Now that I have seen it a few more times it really could have gome either way. Lasak tried to sell it too though...

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
zecke26 said:
now it's getting a bit silly. mitchell with a cross-check in the back of petrovicky and no call. poor reffing today.

you're right, that should have been a diving penalty on petrovicky. The slovak diving is becoming embarrassing.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
incawg said:
you're right, that should have been a diving penalty on petrovicky. The slovak diving is becoming embarrassing.

i don't know what game you're watching, but it was indeed a cross-check. but i agree that petrovicky was whining after it too much and that there's a lot of diving. but the cross-check was there.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Thanks for the answers guys. Wish I could watch...stuck at work. Should be a great finish.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Congrats Canada.
Now I only hope that Sweden makes it to the final.. We want revenge from the OT loss against Canada in last year's final :)

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I'm surprised Lasak was not called for the dive. At first I'd thought Niedermayer intentionally did that but after looking at the replay it was quite unintentional, and Lasak went down and stayed there for MUCH longer than he should have. Any NHL goalie would've gotten up as quick as possible and back in the net. His delay caused them the game.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Sting004 said:
I'm surprised Lasak was not called for the dive. At first I'd thought Niedermayer intentionally did that but after looking at the replay it was quite unintentional, and Lasak went down and stayed there for MUCH longer than he should have. Any NHL goalie would've gotten up as quick as possible and back in the net. His delay caused them the game.

Agreed, he just should've bounced back up instead of trying to sell the call.

Lots of emotional Slovak fans in the stands...anyone see the guy fingering the referee after the Horcoff goal?
:lol

Seriously though, nice to see passionate fans like that. GREAT game.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
zecke26 said:
it's time for banning NA refs
Maybe it's time to also start banning European fans from the game too. Real classy to whistle throughout the entire Canadian anthem. I thought the Montreal fans were bad for booing the American national anthem, but that's cause they were playing an American team.....but this is so much worse, no respect for the actual country. Sheesh.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Well it wasn't pretty, wasn't Canada's best effort and the Slovak's out played us....chalk it up as a lucky win...thanks in large part due to Roberto Luongo.

Sweden will give Team Canada fits.

Hopefully the Canadians can employee the same clutch and grab game that got them the win over the Slovak's. And if need be, just get Rob Nieds to go trip up the goalie again.

Unbiased Candian
Sweden vs Canada in the Final. Go Luongo!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Unbiased Canadian said:
wasn't Canada's best effort and the Slovak's out played us....chalk it up as a lucky win...thanks in large part due to

Call me crazy, but I thought Canada was overall the better team in this game. They played very smart defense and naturally Slovakia had a lot of shots in the third period (16-5) trying to tie the game and also getting a lot of time on the power play. Compared to what this Slovakian team has showed off in previous games I'd say this wasn't a very good effort by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad