WC SF: May 20 GDT - Finland vs. Czech Republic

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
It tells something about your effort when the player that is choosen as the best defender has +/- of -1... both of the Dallas boys were a big disappointment

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
It still amazes me how the Czechs always seem to win the important games.. they sucked at the beginning-- getting better game by game.

Actually, i can't say that i'm surprised that Finland lost. Actually it was surprising that they got this far.. We were lucky to get Belarus against us before. We seemed to struggle almost in every game, even though we won games too.

Good game tho.

Icekube

Feb 22, 2006
Richmond VA
Muscle Bob said:
Will Kaberle play in final ? According to official site he wouldnt ? What a loss for Czechs..

It says game misc. but I don't think he deserved it. OJ did it, I have his glove to prove it. :p:

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
Like Wall said:
That little fight towards th end was something little extra for the old school hockey fans. :)

Haha, i was laughing all the way.. Propably the best that O. Jokinen could do in these games. :sarcasm:

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
sick said:
It still amazes me how the Czechs always seem to win the important games.. they sucked at the beginning-- getting better game by game.

And it still amazes me how Finland always seem to lose the important games... Good at the beginning - then everything starts to fall apart...

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
blacklabel said:
The reffing was fine. We lost because we once again couldn't score. J. Jokinen missing an open net is a clear evidence.

I don't agree about the reffing but yes, our inability to score was the biggest reason. This game should have been over after the first period, 4-0 or so.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Did I imagine this or Did Norrena throw the best players' prize (blue puck or something like it) away?

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Pathetic Olli Jokinen. I understand his reactions at the end of the game, he was supposed to be our leader and goal scorer but he turned out to be one big crap.

His fight against Kaberle was very disgraceful. Kaberle is a great player and gentleman so Olli's actions at the end are very shameful.

It was a delight to see our 4th line play. Ruutu and Bergenheim have done their job better and better when the tournament wen't on. Instead V. Peltonen and both Jokinen's were sailing to the wrong way.

Congrats to Czechs.

Last edited:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Boucicaut said:
Did I imagine this or Did Norrena throw the best players' prize (blue puck or something like it) away?

I don't know, we had stupid commercials and expert commentaries during that time. :cry:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Shack said:
What do you guys think about Czechs coach pointing his middle finger? Unprofessional like Olli's actions.

Unprofessional? Yes. Understandable? Yes. People get emotional sometimes.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
"Diggilo diggilei
alla tittar på mig
när jag går i mina gyllene skor"

What's this mean?

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Slitty said:
"Diggilo diggilei
alla tittar på mig
när jag går i mina gyllene skor"

What's this mean?

I don't speak swedish, I did not even participate in the swedish part of the matriculation examination, but I think it says...

Diggilo diggilei,
Everybody look at me
When I have my golden shoes

It is some old song

Last edited:

Vitkovice*

Shack said:
What do you guys think about Czechs coach pointing his middle finger? Unprofessional like Olli's actions.

whom did he give the finger to? I didn't see it and such manner doesn't suit him, it actually sounds unbelievable to me..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad