WC SF: May 20 GDT - Finland vs. Czech Republic

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
YAY! Damn, i'm still so pissed off because Russia didn't make it, so i hope the Czechs win it. . Against Canada.

But this game was soooo much like the one against Russia.

How the hell do those Czech always do it? Like against Russia?

MAAAAAN! They just know how to win?
I'm so happy that finland lost, i'm still so bitter. . hah. :amazed: yeah i know i propably should be on team finland's side because i'm finnish, but i just can't. God help me.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Vikke said:
Finns can't win. :sarcasm:

Honestly, I feel sorry for the Finns and their bad beats all the time. You guys have played a very, very good tournament until now. Haven't seen today's game, though.

If you guys are pessimists, this is the country to live, it's pretty sweet for them :)

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Finland - Sweden in the bronze game then? ;)

Ahh... dammit, I was cheering for Finland in this game, nothing I do usually but after the olympics... And it is always more fun to play a final against Finland than any other country, especially the czech's...

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
Yeah, Finns didn't deserve to win this game. Not that Czechs were that good. Our first 10 minutes was good, the rest sucked. Our 1st line was really pathetic. In a way I am happy that we lost. :D

Hope we get to face Swedes in bronze game. :)

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Czech Republic won the hooking fest, congratulations. Unfair but such is hockey sometimes.

SChan*

Boucicaut said:
Czech Republic won the hooking fest, congratulations. Unfair but such is hockey sometimes.

well the czechs are probably the toughest team to play against.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Padawan said:
Again. Both Jokinen's were useless. Why, oh why these two are on the team?

May be because they played very well at the olympic games? I don't know why you blame same players for the loss the next tournament, if they don't play so well and they are the heros if they reach the final.

I didn't expect from this team to reach the final, honestly. Too many good players are missing from the olympic games. You can't compare this team with the team which played at the olympic games.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
SectionX said:
well the czechs are probably the toughest team to play against.

Sure, but hooking was supposed to be cleaned from hockey. Didn't much look like it.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
yarre said:
Finland - Sweden in the bronze game then? ;)

Ahh... dammit, I was cheering for Finland in this game, nothing I do usually but after the olympics... And it is always more fun to play a final against Finland than any other country, especially the czech's...

Ok, i'll root for sweden then, go win gold twice this year, and Bäckström can score hattrick by all means. :)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The Finns are having the same problem we in Sweden had with Hardy as coach. It aint possible to play 9 games in 16 days with their system. We could never do that with Hardy either. This time 5 minutes into the 2nd period they ran out of gas, allot of players stoped backchecking and they didn't have the same drive gooing forward. They need more smart centers who can create stuff without beeing forced to play every shift at 120%.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Congrats Czechs!

Finland was on the drivers seat most of the game but who cares if you can't score. Norrena let that first in way too easy but played well after that.

But I don't really care this time, it's not that big of a deal anymore because the olympics were this year.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Boucicaut said:
Sure, but hooking was supposed to be cleaned from hockey. Didn't much look like it.

Yeah the ref was ridiculous, especially in finlands end, Czechs used their sticks a whole lot. But we did not lose to that today, at least the ref sucked quite equally, Czech just knew how to abuse it a bit better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad