WC SF: May 14 GDT - Russia vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
my girlfriend got me the 87 Canada Cup finals for my birthday from the Hockey Hall of Fame, i guess you can get them online too... I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the games with my dad...

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
wilka91 said:
But Canada never published anything they lost, so we Russians are kinda screwed.
Let's see if Sweden would produce a Special Edition DVD of their amazing game against Belarus at the Salt Lake City Olympic.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Canuck21t said:
Let's see if Sweden would produce a Special Edition DVD of their amazing game against Belarus at the Salt Lake City Olympic.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
You're right!

5-3 Canada

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
It's fitting these two teams meet for the right to go to the gold medal team since these two rosters are gold, but the teams aren't. Team play has been ugly for each, with only moments of unity.

Hopefully one of the two groups of guys starts playing well together as a team. they have enough talent to dominate. Which team will put it all together for a game?

The teams which gave Russia the most trouble had active blueliners and good goaltending. Canada has demonstrated neither in this tourney (only in this tourney). So guys like Kovalchuk, Afinogenov, Yashin, etc might succeed on one-on-one surges. Threats from each line when facing a weak defense.

So I predict 6-3 Russia. :( ... unless a Canadian goalie stands on his head or half of the Canuck d-men stay on the bench!

I think the Sweden-Czech game will have the better hockey, but as a Canadian the Russia game has prominence. Come on boys. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

I like to see teams doing all the little things right, and only the Czechs have been doing that consistently, IMO.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
I think that this will be a russian victory, something like 4-3. Both have no defense and no goalie that should make it easy to score. I can't say why, but I see an advantage for Russia. But I saw an advantage for Slovakia as well...

Safir*

I'm really looking forward to the game, since I don't get to see a lot of my favorite NHL teams.

Are the likes of Heatley, Redden, Phillips, Fisher and Kovalchuk playing?

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Canuck21t said:
And your point is? At least make some sense.

What's your problem?!

It was just funny to think about Swedes making a DVD of that game! It was a good comparison you made, that's all what I said.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TORRUS said:
Probably, but I don't know where. You can't see the game?
I will see it tomorrow. French TV is Pejorative Slured, they buy the rights to show the WCH, and in the end, they don't show any live games. Tennis and rugby is their priority. :cry:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
wilka91 said:
I will see it tomorrow. French TV is Pejorative Slured, they buy the rights to show the WCH, and in the end, they don't show any live games. Tennis and rugby is their priority. :cry:

Man, tomorrow are the finals! That's really Pejorative Slured!

Macman

May 15, 2004
Bubba64 said:
Who is the most offensive DEF in Canada roaster ??? Redden, Jova ?? Who can score today ??

Probably Dan Boyle. He's been Canada's best defenceman and one of the few to jump into the play.

Bubba64

Aug 5, 2004
F-M
www.preds.wz.cz
Macman said:
Probably Dan Boyle. He's been Canada's best defenceman and one of the few to jump into the play.

Dan Boyle plays on PP1 with Jova, doesn´t he ??
PP1 Thornton line
PP2 Heatley line
and second PP2 DEF are Redden and Souray ?

am I right ?

Vic Rattlehead*

Macman said:

Redden has been Canada's best defenceman, not Boyle.

Also, Redden has more points than Boyle.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Bubba64 said:
Dan Boyle plays on PP1 with Jova, doesn´t he ??
PP1 Thornton line
PP2 Heatley line
and second PP2 DEF are Redden and Souray ?

am I right ?

I think you're right about the first pairing, but Souray didn't play at all against Slovakia. I think Morrison has played the point a bit of the pp.

Macman

May 15, 2004
19bruins19 said:
Redden has been Canada's best defenceman, not Boyle.

Also, Redden has more points than Boyle.

He asked who's been Canada's best offensive defenceman. That's Boyle IMO. I don't care if Redden has more points. Boyle has been the only Canadian D to jump into the play regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad