WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Sweden vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIsles1*

Levitate said:
it's my contention that broduer and the devils have a kind of symbiosis thing going on...together they're great, but apart they wouldn't be as good. not saying they wouldn't be good, but not AS good. broduer's good goaltending helps the NJ team and its defense, while the NJ defense helps broduer.
Brodeur will go down as one of the greatest goaltenders in NHL history when his career is finally over and re-write several records. He made his teams and the players on them better with his incredible abilities.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
NYIsles1 said:
Brodeur will go down as one of the greatest goaltenders in NHL history when his career is finally over and re-write several records. He made his teams and the players on them better with his incredible abilities.
No doubt...but right now...Canada is experiencing something that is new to us...questionable goaltending...shocking really

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
I didn't watch the game, 'cos I was in the middle of something more important you know :D

But can someone tell me, how were the USA's goals? Should Lundqvist have catched some, or were they just completely over-run?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I stand by my statements

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
But can someone tell me, how were the USA's goals? Should Lundqvist have catched some, or were they just completely over-run?

there were several breakaways and the first one was deflected past him by his dumbass defenseman who tried to deflect the puck with his hand. but he could have probably played better

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Diaboli said:
I didn't watch the game, 'cos I was in the middle of something more important you know :D

I blame him for the last 2 goals he gave up, the first 3 more on his defense (fluke goal caused by defensman and 2 breakaway goals)

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
anybody who comes in to the team has done some stupid thing to cause a goal for the opponent!

Lindström got owned by Thornton
Franzen deflected a shot to give it right to an american when Lundqvist whould've catched the puck from the beginning. So did Kenny Jönsson.
Höglund is the worst player I have ever seen in tre kronor... :shakehead

Captain Leaf

Hoglund was the worst player ive ever sen in a Leafs uni also :biglaugh:
I cheer for the Swedes for once and this is how you repay me ..a shellacking . :shakehead

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
re:

What happened to Sweden... Wow.. You guys got trashed. I thought that there would be more in the tank than this. Could you blame Lundqvist for the goals, or was this a case of the team sucking big time? Don't worry. Sweden will bounce back. ;)

Captain Leaf

Sweden won their "Stanley Cup" when they beat mighty Canada ..now they are done :D

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
finska said:
What happened to Sweden... Wow.. You guys got trashed. I thought that there would be more in the tank than this. Could you blame Lundqvist for the goals, or was this a case of the team sucking big time? Don't worry. Sweden will bounce back. ;)

Everyone was to blame, offense wasnt there, defense didnt show up, and Lundqvist wasn't on his game. All around horrible game for Sweden.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Horrible game last night, to me Sweden looked like a junior team. Bad attitude and no heart what so ever.

And USA wasn't even that good yesterday, at least not overall. But they really took care of their chances, that's for sure.

Hopefully Tre Kronor gets a big slap from Bengt-Ã…ke and get their act togehter against Latvia.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
If Latvia flukes a tie out of Sweden, and US/Can both win, USA comes from nowhere to win the group thanks to the sound thrashing they gave Sweden. Seeing as Canada and the US both had troubles with Latvia, it is perfectly reasonable to expect the same from Sweden.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lundqvist seems to have one big weakness that he needs to work on. Right now it seems like he is looking for a shootout every game, when it doesn't happend he looses focus. After letting in one goal he goes on tilt and is often able to rebound. However if 2-3 goals are scored on him he sucks from then on... If Sweden where down 2-3 goals they could have come back and tied the game late. USA also had a game last night. However Henrik didn't give Sweden a chance to get a point in this game...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Can anyone tell me how well, or if Liles has been playing for the US? I haven't been able to see any of the games yet, and his name hasn't been mentioned in any of the game summary's I've read. I think his offensive style would be great for the team, but they might consider his size a liability. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Captain Leaf said:
Sweden won their "Stanley Cup" when they beat mighty Canada ..now they are done :D

Belive me, beating Finland 5-1 is bigger then winning the Stanley Cup, for us. :) As long as Sweden finnish ahead of the Finns there isn't much to complain about...

I've been following the WCH closely for the last 15 years and Canada almost always sucks against Sweden, before the final round... Sweden beating them 7-1 and 9-1 isn't unusual. Didn't we win 7-1 or something in 97' before loosing two straight finals against them?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Foppa2118 said:
Can anyone tell me how well, or if Liles has been playing for the US? I haven't been able to see any of the games yet, and his name hasn't been mentioned in any of the game summary's I've read. I think his offensive style would be great for the team, but they might consider his size a liability. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.

I've watched all of the U.S. games, and while he hasn't been a force offensively, he has been very sound in his own end.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
re:

Ola said:
Lundqvist seems to have one big weakness that he needs to work on. Right now it seems like he is looking for a shootout every game, when it doesn't happend he looses focus. After letting in one goal he goes on tilt and is often able to rebound. However if 2-3 goals are scored on him he sucks from then on... If Sweden where down 2-3 goals they could have come back and tied the game late. USA also had a game last night. However Henrik didn't give Sweden a chance to get a point in this game...

Sounds like he just loses his nerves/confidence after a few go in. He is a young guy, so this will improve with experience. If the NHL ever gets started again, after a few seasons there, this guy will be amazing.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Ola said:
Belive me, beating Finland 5-1 is bigger then winning the Stanley Cup, for us. :) As long as Sweden finnish ahead of the Finns there isn't much to complain about...

I've been following the WCH closely for the last 15 years and Canada almost always sucks against Sweden, before the final round... Sweden beating them 7-1 and 9-1 isn't unusual. Didn't we win 7-1 or something in 97' before loosing two straight finals against them?

I'm reading your post and I'm having a flashback. Replace Finland with the Montreal Canadiens, and Sweden with the Nordiques and you see my flashback.

The NOrds could never win anything, but at least they would beat the Habs. That's how the village people (Quebec City) thought.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
I've watched all of the U.S. games, and while he hasn't been a force offensively, he has been very sound in his own end.

Well that's good to hear. He is actually very smart in his own end, but he wasn't challenged too much physically last year. Thanks for the insight. Hopefully he gets some chances offensivly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad