WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Sweden vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
nyrmessier011 said:
4-0 US

Can't wait to hear Canadian fans blame our win on Sweden playing back to back games on consecutive days.
Personally...I'm not interested in discrediting USA...we've beaten them already!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jason MacIsaac said:
For anyone who is watching.....how does Gionta and Parise look together?

Parise's had a couple of good chances. The international sized ice really helps them.

starsgal09

May 1, 2005
So...Pierre McGuire, you rat fink...Modano has a goal and an assist in this game. Has he found his fire and passion now? Idiot. Not playing with passion in last year's World Cup? Nah...he just had 6 assists and was one of the bright spots on the US team.

:handclap:

X0ssbar

Jason MacIsaac said:
For anyone who is watching.....how does Gionta and Parise look together?

Parise has looked very good IMO.. especially given that this is his first game with the big boys on the national team.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
starsgal09 said:
So...Pierre McGuire, you rat fink...Modano has a goal and an assist in this game. Has he found his fire and passion now? Idiot. Not playing with passion in last year's World Cup? Nah...he just had 6 assists and was one of the bright spots on the US team.

:handclap:
Its good he is scoring though...(if your an American)

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
nomorekids said:
luongo was the sole reason the panthers weren't a LOT worse, last year. brodeur? are you really going to have that argument? i think he's got the credentials to back up one bad tournament.

i'm sorry if i'm not all that impressed with european league stats.
Well, we were talking about this tournament. And Brodeur haven´t gotten "it done" as you say. Jeezh, not saying he isn´t the best.

But here it is. The only reason, why some of you refuse to recognize Lundqvist as a potential great goalie, is that he wasn´t hyped or picked in one of the first rounds.

And i couldn´t care less about that your not impressed by european leagues. If you had seen some of the saves and his consisent play, throughout the whole season, you would have been impressed too. Kiprusoff and Theodore haven´t even been close as good. He won the prize "best player of the SEL"(goldenpuck), before Hossa, Alfredsson, Forsberg, etc etc etc etc etc..

And i certainly trust Mats Sundin more than you as well...

reaper

May 1, 2005
Sweden sucking totally today :( Hopefully we can still win the group though.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I wish I could watch this game. I want to see how Parise, Dipietro and Lundqvist are doing.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Lundqvist is turning heads alright. They're turning away in disgust.

reaper

May 1, 2005
Dipietro is solid. Lunkan is shaky but not easy when you have 4 shots in a period and then only breakaways.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
This is just terribly embarrassing, I turned the tv off after 5-0 and came here instead, I guess I missed Franzen's goal but that doesn't change a thing, it's still an embarrassing effort by the Swedish team. :confused:

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
FLYLine4LIFE said:
.................5-0, Lundqvist is offically off his game now.

Gionta scored.

I know you love the guy. But let's face it. It doesn't matter how bad his team's D was today. He has to stop one of those breakaways to turn the tide.

I didn't see the game. But let's be honest. Lundqvist stunk today.

He still has a lot to prove. Calling him the next 'great goalie' is premature. I'd like to think he will be. But until he comes over to NA and adjusts to the smaller rinks and speed of the game, he's just another prospect.

Hopefully, he'll prove he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad