WC QROUND: May 8 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Sokolov was rock solid and Ilja did what he was supposed to do.

Czech had the pressure at their offence end all the time, but Sokolov was the man.

Nice to see this kind of hockey.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
wilka91 said:
guys, stay calm, this lucky win is meaningless ...
can we beat Kazakhstan?
:D This win wasn't meaningless. If we beat Kazakhstan (we will decide our position - +1) we will stay in Vienna +2 and It will help our team to believe that we can +3.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Kaizer said:
:biglaugh: We are the only unbeaten team at tournament despite only Sloveina had worse PP and PK before this game than we were :biglaugh:

Usually you lose even one game in the tournament. Do you wan't to do it at playoffs? Time to lose against Kazakhstan.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Kaizer said:
:D This win wasn't meaningless. If we beat Kazakhstan (we will decide our position - +1) we will stay in Vienna +2 and It will help our team to believe that we can +3.

I won't believe in anything until Russia qualifies for the semifinals.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Hey guys i mean Kasachstan is not that bad BUT HEY its KASACHSTAN ! If we dont beat them then what the hell are we doing here ?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Shack said:
Usually you lose even one game in the tournament. Do you wan't to do it at playoffs? Time to lose against Kazakhstan.
That 3-3 tie against Switzerland means as much to me as a 5-0 loss to Canada.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Any ideas why Hemsky wasn't playing today? He scored 2 goals in his last 2 games, was he benched? or hurt?

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
Where is everyone that predicted Czech Huge win?????
HA HA HA Czech are losers!!!
Mother Russia will rule agian!!! GO RUSSIA GO!!!!!! GO RUSSIA GO!!!!!!
GO RUSSIA GO!!!!!!

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
I had a bad feeling from our game from the first minute of that game. Well, better to lose now than in QF, so I hope this year we will finally get some medal :)

ČEŠI DO TOHO!!! ;) :yo:

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Nice win for the Russian's, can't believe they still haven't lost a game. Sokolov was very solid out there, best performance by him thus far.

It was Kovalchuk's best game too IMO (he got the Russian Player of the Game too, to the disgust of the Austrian Mediazone commentator), finally got a chance to unleash his one-timer from the point on the powerplay and guess what happened.... He also set up Zino with a nice play which should have ended in a goal, and hit the post from his own slot in the dying seconds towards an empty net. He does still seem invisible most of the time, but I supposed he's only getting half the ice time we're used to seeing him get so that's probably half of it.

I really wish they'd stop giving Vyshedkevich and Karpovtsev powerplay time while super-star players who are experienced in being PPQB's are warming the bench (Kovalchuk/Kovalev). Other than Markov the Russian defense seem so boring and predictable when on the power play.

I wasn't that impressed by Semin, although he did seem to get in good offensive opportunities out there. His turnover in his own zone in the final 10 mins set Straka (I think..) up for a dangerous shot in the slot, and Semin completely muffed up the shorthanded 2 on 1 he had. Still, you can see the talent the kid has. Kovalev and Datsyuk made a few boneheaded moves that game too, but those two are always dangerous together no matter how bad they're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->