WC QF: May 5 GDT - CZECH REPUBLIC vs. USA 2-3 (OT PS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanDevil

Andy Andy Andy Andy Roach !!! :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

This is my jersey... ;)
kif_6204-2.jpg

kif_6206-2.jpg

kif_8856-2.jpg

endacka

Mar 7, 2002
Paris
Visit site
Marksman2 said:
Theres one thing I've been wondering... can some one explain me why did Czech coach make such strange choises as his penalty shooters. Watching the game I made my own quick list, which ended up being almost completely different.

Jagr was no-brainer, putting him on the list I can easily understand. But Dopita? Vyborny? Young guy Prucha in pressure situation like that? Havlat, who was very much no-show, pointless in three games?

Why not Rucinsky, Straka, Prospal and maybe Beranek? :dunno:

Vyborny is I think 3of3 PS in his NHL career and has very good hands. Prucha is not known to anyone in NA so far, so the goalie could not have known what he would do. Besides he has great hands as well, if I were the coach, he would be my chiose too.
Dopita was really stupid choise, I do not understand at all why he was chosen or maybe he just believed, he would score, often it is about self confidence of the player.
Totally agree that Straka and Rucinsky would be better picks than Dopita and Havlat, who was invisible in all three games he played, suppose it was due to the flu he had just a few days ago, he lost 5 kilos of his weight.

But as I said before, US were better and deserved the win.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
GermanDevil said:

This is my jersey... ;)
kif_6204-2.jpg

kif_6206-2.jpg

kif_8856-2.jpg

That's a pretty sweet jersey. Somehow I don't mind the advertising. It adds some character. SAP is a program I've used at work! :lol

FAL

Mar 9, 2004
Krefeld, Germany
endacka said:
Prucha is not known to anyone in NA so far, so the goalie could not have known what he would do

Then Team USA was lucky Vokoun didn't know Andy Roach. he pulled off excactly the same move every time i watched him shoot a penalty which happened pretty often as there's a penalty shoot-out after regulation in german hockey league. yet i enjoyed seeing him score the deciding penalty on an all-star goalie

endacka

Mar 7, 2002
Paris
Visit site
FAL said:
Then Team USA was lucky Vokoun didn't know Andy Roach. he pulled off excactly the same move every time i watched him shoot a penalty which happened pretty often as there's a penalty shoot-out after regulation in german hockey league. yet i enjoyed seeing him score the deciding penalty on an all-star goalie

I had never heard of the guy named Andy Roach before the Chaps. but I think everybody here, in the Czech republic will not forget his name for a long time, especially Vokoun will not. Also I must say I DID NOT enjoy his penalty shot at all even though it was done really well. :banghead:

Sparky

Feb 19, 2004
Virginia
GermanDevil said:

This is my jersey... ;)
kif_6204-2.jpg

kif_6206-2.jpg

kif_8856-2.jpg

I picked S. Goc for this year's Mannheim jersey for me. I'm definitely getting Andy's for next year, if I can.
Edit: Oh, and Roach has a number of moves, at least that I've seen. Periodically he even tries to play sniper with a snap-shot 5 hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->