WC QF: May 18 GDT - Finland vs. Belarus

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Important victory. The play from Team Finland wasn't impressive at all. Third period was good though. Could somebody tell me why we have Lehtonen in our team? He has good shot to use in the PP... Oh, wait. We have Nummelin there. So why we have Lehtonen in our team? Even Mäntylä is better.

What's next? Oh, right. Both Jokinen's were useless tonight. They have to improve their game alot for the next game. Ruutu was ineffective as usual but he at least hits the opponents. Norrena was surprisingly good and Peltonen improved his performance by playing with a true lion heart and scoring a goal.

If Team Finland plays like this against the Czechs, we're in deep doo-doo.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Shack said:
Höpö, höpö, that's what I say.
He is one of the most skilled player in our team. Just like Petteri Nummelin.

Ugh how I hate those two.. Along with Selänne, Berg

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
psycho_dad said:
Yeah we know you would not even let Selänne in the team because "he sucks".

Your opinion is oh so respected.

Yes, Selänne still sucks :handclap: Your just still bitter I hate your idol

Troll away

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
Padawan said:
If Team Finland plays like this against the Czechs, we're in deep doo-doo.

No we wont play like this. Totally different team coming.
This was typical "life and death" match.

3rd period was ok. First two not so good.
Solid defense looks good. Even Lehtonen. Stupid penalties, but still better than Mäntylä.

Jokinen-Jokinen-Peltonen sleep 43min, then Ville did what he usually does in this kind of situations.

Czechs game will be tight! Go Fin Go..Show some LION HEART!!

:clap:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Mogo said:
Yes, Selänne still sucks :handclap: Your just still bitter I hate your idol

Troll away
:O :O :O :O :O

The worst I've ever said about Teemu is that I rate Jari, Jere and Teppo ahead of him careerwise.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Mogo said:
No he's on the team for past archievements... Just like ah sooooo many players over the years
I agree, except for the goal he scored Peltonen played horribly yet again in this game, took a stupid penalty and many missed passes.

Imho he doesn't belong in the lineup, Santala and Rita are both better players atm.

The goal Peltonen scored was a perfect shot and a real beauty. :clap:

If Mezin isn't the goalie of the tournament then the iihf is a joke.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Great game by Team Belarus, they went down swinging :handclap:
They fought tooth and nail for the first two periods and with more luck could have scored few goals. Unfortunately the pace of the game caught up with them in the 3rd. Important factor is that Belarus was 2 players short on defense as both Kopat and Zhurik where missing due to injuries.
By no way an easy win for Finland, I'd say that more fair score would be 2-1.
Again, great game and wonderful tournament for Team Belarus! :handclap:

Now I am rooting for Finland ;)

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Matti_A said:
I agree, except for the goal he scored Peltonen played horribly yet again in this game, took a stupid penalty and many missed passes.

Imho he doesn't belong in the lineup, Santala and Rita are both better players atm.

The goal Peltonen scored was a perfect shot and a real beauty. :clap:

Peltonen has scored so many important goals for team Finland and he did it again. You guys still think he doesn't belong to this team?

We need his kind of guys who stays cool and scores when mostly needed. O. Jokinen had change to tie it against Sweden at olympics, I really hope that would have been Peltonen.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Shack said:
O. Jokinen had change to tie it against Sweden at olympics, I really hope that would have been Peltonen.
LOL. It was a huge save by Lundqvist and has nothing to do with Jokinen being crap at crucial times or Peltonen being good at those. In fact, Jokinen is known to be a player who can produce in big games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad