WC QF: May 12 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marconius

Jan 27, 2003
Visit site
Everest said:
NHL reffing is far from perfect...but only an IIHF half wit could botch that penalty. :shakehead

Could someone describe how this cheapshot went down (for the benefit of us lonely souls at work)

AnotherOilersFan

Mar 9, 2004
St.Albert, Alberta
nikki9 said:
What exactly happened, I missed that part?

Gagne got cross-checked from behind right after he scored the goal. He was in that area just before the boards that is considered the "danger" area. This is a real nasty area, and i've gotten a concussion msyelf while getting hit in this area. If anyone watched the Under 18's, Canada's Yellowhorn had the same thing happen to him in a neutral zone battle, and had to be taken off the ice with a stretcher.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
petelars said:
I feel really bad for you guys though. I imagine you get commercials while we get to see the cheerleaders. Some of those girls are hawt.

I've seen a couple who were really chunky too, by the way we see them, i personally don't care about them, well I am a female after all.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
shakes said:
I think we can put an end to the "refs are cheating for canada" threads. That should have been 5 and a game. I wonder if psycho_dad and his ilk will be as outraged at something like this... yeh right..

I am not watching the game, but based on the comments here it looks like it should have been 5 and a game.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
THe cross check: kind of like a Dale Hunter on Turgeon - post goal celebration, arms raised, totally defenseless while getting creamed into the boards.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Marconius said:
Could someone describe how this cheapshot went down (for the benefit of us lonely souls at work)
Gagne was celebrating his goal and the Slovak cross checked him into the boards from behind

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
HF2002 said:
THe cross check: kind of like a Dale Hunter on Turgeon - post goal celebration, arms raised, totally defenseless while getting creamed into the boards.

He wasnt creamed into the boards. It looked like he faked to me.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Oh come on!! Thanks refs, way to repay us on that botched call. You give the Slovaks a 2 man advantage!

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Jovanovski is playing defense on a 2-man disadvantage??

Nice work Habsheid.

3-3 Refs suck.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Nice reffing... nothing on checking from behind but yet they feel the need to put Canada 2 men down.. Yes, Canada sure gets all the breaks :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->