WC QF: May 12 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Everest said:
Canada's forwards have been up to the task all tournament long..now if our defence/goaltending can get things done...we might pull off an upset today.
I expected this to be Canadas toughest game coming into the tourney.
I think Canada's forwards could do more to help their defense. Guys like Maltby and Draper haven't been stepping up defensively in that regard IMO.

Marconius

Jan 27, 2003
Visit site
kolanos said:
I think Canada's forwards could do more to help their defense. Guys like Maltby and Draper haven't been stepping up defensively in that regard IMO.

Anyone know the +/- on Canada's top line? I heard they were on for more then a few goals against (onviously more then a few goals fore, as well)

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
It's a Philly flavored game here with Gagné and Handzus notching some big goals.
That being said, nice to see my boy Gags putting us Canucks on top.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think we can put an end to the "refs are cheating for canada" threads. That should have been 5 and a game. I wonder if psycho_dad and his ilk will be as outraged at something like this... yeh right..

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
How do you call a 10 minute misconduct for checking from behind? That was the most obvious 5 and a game hit I have seen in A LOOOONNNG time. Canada gets all the ref breaks my hairy arse.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Canada the least bit physical with the opposition -- automatic penalty.

The other way around -- it's overlooked.

Typical.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
NHL reffing is far from perfect...but only an IIHF half wit could botch that penalty. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad