WC QF: May 10th GDT - USA vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Finland continues to put pressure on USA. They made it look like a 2 min PP out there, with several good scoring chances on onetimers against Grahame. He held his ground though and saved USA.

Finland drew a penalty because of the pressure and will continue with a 1:30 PP with the start of the 2nd period.

1-0 to Finland after 20 minutes of play.

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
Guess the refs ripped US with an offside call on a breakaway after a tunrover by the Finns shortly before the goal.
Unfortunately there was no replay.

anyway

GO USA!

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Good first period from the Finns. Hopefully they continue like that and K. Lehtonen doesn't allow an easy goal.

Go ahead like that Finns!

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
@TS: I'm sure it was no offside. US forward coming out of zone was clearly on the blueline

US looks erratic today ...

And I hate to say that Ryan Suter maybe is the worst player out there. Checks are late, passes unfocused and no control of the game on the PP.

Regroup guys!

GO USA !!!

Paatos

Jan 5, 2006
Oulu
Damn, lots of scoring chances, but Finns can't score for toffee. Those US breakaways are bound to get through at some point. Lots of shaky play by finnish D in their own end...nothing new there.

Overall it looked like we were marginally stronger in the 1st...

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
A succesful dump&chase from trio Ruutu - Koivu - Kallio in the goal. The whole trio seemed to know what to do and where to go after Koivu shot the puck deep into the U.S. defensive zone.

Tume

Dec 23, 2003
Finland
@TS: I'm sure it was no offside. US forward coming out of zone was clearly on the blueline

Well, I didn't see the replay but if you´re coming out from the offensive zone, the blueline is considered to be part of it.

(or at least that´s what i´ve understood)

Faktisti*

okay i think that finland wins this easily. usa got a great team, talented fast offence and they can also tackle, but they still hasnt enough world class defenders or goaltenders so they would need their best players..

offtopic:

nice goal by ruutu. he is good player: strong and skillfull

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
Well, I didn't see the replay but if you´re coming out from the offensive zone, the blueline is considered to be part of it.

Please what?! :amazed: .. I dunno to be honest .. can somebody confirm this?

What you mean is: when you penetrate the zone the blueline is NO part of the offensive zone but when you leave it it is?

Faktisti*

it seems that mikko and tuomo plays both very well, that pity ruutu has been broken so much

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Finns played a bad powerplay, they were in danger to receive a goal, instead of scoring!

But ok 2-1 Finland, Saravo scored! They play better 5 against 5 than in PP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad