WC QF: May 10th GDT - Canada Switzerland

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The game has started and predatore is working or something, so I threw it up.

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments_07/output/WS/hydra.iihf.com/113/

Apparently the Swedish Hockey Federation has already told the Swedish journalists that Sweden will play Canada in the semifinal, so it's up to Switzerland to surprise everyone. ;)

Swedish journalists also said Switzerland are in the QF only because they played in the right group, they thought Germany has played better.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Looks like a scoreless 1st period, 5 minutes to go.

And right when I said that, Canada scores, 1-0, Lombardi with the backhand. Sloppy defensive play by the Swiss in their own zone, they can't afford that if they want to win.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Commodore off to the box with a high check, he didn't keep his arms down, they were right in the face of the Swiss that he checked.

Switzerland had a good opportunity to score on their PP with a free puck trickling in front of the Canadian net, but couldn't get there first.

1-0 Canada, end of 1st period.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Yeah, it should. Sweden vs. Canada has always been great entertainment.

Yeah.

You rarely ever see a sloppy game when Canada faces Sweden. I think that Sweden suffers a bit of the "finnish little brother"-like complex when it comes to playing Canada. It is never a big deal for Canada to play Sweden, but the swedish players allways start with the same talk:"We can't give up the physical play, we need to step up, deliver checks and clear the crease", almost like they are worried. Perhaps i am the only one to make this perception?

Anyway, it should be a great game, as mentioned earlier, Canada will be looking for revenge for last year. Davidsson better keeps his head up when Phaneuf is on the ice. :)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Since when did Jamal Mayers turn into a beast on international ice?

Damn, DiPietro makes it 2-1. Nash needs to score more points than him.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
If, in some unkown way, the Canadian team would lose this game.

Would they dare to go back home or would they prefer to stay in europe for a year or two? :)

jonas234567

Sep 20, 2005
3-1 was in PP2 and Murray took his timeout after the first 20 seconds of this PP2, it helped, after a good shot Hiller saved it exactly to the stick of Staal.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
Damn Swedish TV for not showing this game. They showed the Russia - Czech game. asswipes.

Canada - Sweden's gonna be a nice one. Last years semi was a killer. Sweden will ofcourse win again, but by a larger margin this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->