WC: May 5 GDT - Canada vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Pretty much exactly what I expected...canada scrambling around,taking penalties...and it doesn't hurt us because Brodeur is unbeatable...its his International resume that will take him past Roy in all time rankings.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Why is Jovosucky on this team.. I thought this guy was supposed to be good. I've seen more bad plays from this guy than any other d-man on Canada. Canada doesn't seem to be interested in this game from what I saw of the first period.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
any time you outplay a team like canada but fail to score, you're setting yourself up for a loss :shakehead

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
USA has missed its chance to steal this game...Canada is done looking silly,they are going to come out like a houseonfire to start the 2nd period.

espo*

Good game as expected.Nice game plan devised by U.S coaches to stop canuck forecheck.....use the lock and depend on Dipietro steer it out when it gets in and it's worked so far.If Canada can break that then the tide should turn and the goals will start coming.We've handled Weight nicely on pk and have played better defensively with the exception of a couple of guys who i won't mention.Brodeur looks sharp. If we can solve that lock and stay tight defensively.......we'll get them.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
We've seen alot of good shorthanded play by both teams. Team US has been alot better than I tought. Hopefully teams will start to give some astounding hits.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Oil_slick9416 said:
souray...why is he on this team?

because of his great half-season with Montreal last year and the fact he played some hockey this year... He's supposed to be in shape. Since the injury he had last year, he's never been the offensive force he was at the beginning of the 2003-2004 season.. and he probably won't ever be again

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Oil_slick9416 said:
souray...why is he on this team?

He's not even playing badly. I don't know what you're reffering to. He took a bad penalty but otherwise he's actually been playing much better than half the D-men on the team.

You want to talk bad playing, then look no further than Jovo.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
It has to start with physicality...we need some hits and hungry puck pursuit to spark us.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
we must look at Souray for what he really is. A d-man who'll always stand up for his teammates and play good defence, but with occasional mistakes. Forget about the Souray who had a 6 points night against Pittsburgh and a hat-trick another night. He's not an offensive force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->