WC: May 4 GDT - Russia vs. Italy

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Kovy was definetly best player tonight. It was nice to see how he was fighting for his country. He forechecked, he passed, he wanted to win. Your topline was really disappointing. We all saw see how they were just figureskating there and they didn't have any will to play. To be honest I agree with them. This kind of games doesnt really get anyone going. Totally boring to watch little ones fight against windmills.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
one has to realize that Bykov is incompetent

in fact, if you watch all those powerplays, especially towards the end of the game, you can clearly see that the coach didn't make any adjustments in the positionning of his forwards on the PP

all I saw, is 5 players on the perimeter passing the puck, along the boards, and that's all.

I mean, anyone who understands hockey can see that the Russian powerplay is struggling big time against a large box. so anyone would understand that you have to put someone in the middle, like a forward at the top of the crease maybe.

but no, Bykov sticks to his plan.

he's got Malkin and Kovalchuk and Frolov circling around fruitlessly, and apparently, he likes it.

that was PATHETIC. and this word isn't strong enough.

Reminds me of a Krikunov coached team.:biglaugh:

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Schastlivy blows. If Bykov wanted him so much why not move him to wing? Apart from Malkin and Zinoviev there's no creativity at the center position at all......and Ovechkins being wasted.

No way. I mean, Malkin and AO blow way more than he does right now. He has been the clutch for the whole year, and played well outside of this game.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
I would reserve from giving it up to Bykov untill the end of the tourney. Yes, the PP sucked today. But it didn't in the previous games. Bykov is not stupid not to understand what a common poster understands here, so we'll see next time.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
He actually got it: "We wanted to pass neatly and put it in the empty net. When there's a stronger opponent there will be no other solution then just to shoot"

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Reminds me of a Krikunov coached team.:biglaugh:

exactly my thought towards the end of the game! all the Russian coaches are doing this, they can't evolve

the only 2 guys that I trust in Russian hockey are Fetisov and Larionov

Russia needs a Canadian coach or something, at least once

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
exactly my thought towards the end of the game! all the Russian coaches are doing this, they can't evolve

I hope it won't happen in my lifettime, unless his name is Scotty Bowman

Wait till the tournament is over, then bash the coach!:rant:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
As for Muzatti, if I'm not mistaken he was a #3 goaly for the Flames some 8 or so years ago, and he's Canadien Italien I think...Played for Italy last Olympics and looked pretty good as well.

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand

Bykov has done very well so far with both the national team and CSKA. Maybe we should wait a bit before making any judgements about his competance?

And we definitely don't need any foreigners to tell us how to play hockey. It is not football, where we kind of suck..:shakehead We have been winning before and we need to find our winning ways by ourselves.

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I disagree about PP of Russian team. They had very strong PP until this game.
They played this game to get those 3 points not to score 6+ goals again. Main goal was to win and to avoid injuries.
I suspect we will see similar game against SUI. For as long as team can regroup when playing with stronger opponent i see no reasons to worry and complain about Bykov style.
The only mistake Bykov made so far the way i see it was kicking Semin out of the team. I saw Semin many times this year. In fact i saw every game Caps played against Canes here in Carolina. Alex Semin is a superior pack handler and it was extremely stupid not to let him play.

HS

May 17, 2006
Hm. The PP was 45% before Italian game. It is not as bad, as it is described.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->