WC: May 4 GDT - Russia vs. Italy

VladNYC*

Great game by Muzzati. The Russians guys looked like they had alot of fun today and were all smiles. Nice to see. Also nice to see respect at the end by Gonchar by not shooting while Muzzati was down.

Blank

Apr 11, 2007
While I generally disagree booing by the audience, I have to say that the russian audience was pretty justified this time.. How could the panel award Strazzabosco as the best Italian player on the ice is beyond me.

VladNYC*

While I generally disagree booing by the audience, I have to say that the russian audience was pretty justified this time.. How could the panel award Strazzabosco as the best Italian player on the ice is beyond me.

No clue. I was pissed, so were all the Russians in the stands it seems.

Kaktus*

Italian goalie is the man.. I do not know who he is but he played very well. I think he pulled groin in the end was fighting it off.. Stayed on the ice..

Good to see that Gonchar did not shot the puck.

who does russia play next?
SUI

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Despite not scoring much, Russia was just playing keep-away pond hockey in the third. Nothing against Italy but that was painful to watch.

Either way, if Russia gives this effort against any capable team they're gonna get killed.

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Ovechkin is wasted in this tournament. He doesn't have good center and I also believe Bykov made mistake with Semin. It was plain stupid to discipline one of the best forward the way he did.
Having Semin and Ovy on the same line would make a huge difference.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Schastlivy blows. If Bykov wanted him so much why not move him to wing? Apart from Malkin and Zinoviev there's no creativity at the center position at all......and Ovechkins being wasted.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
one has to realize that Bykov is incompetent

in fact, if you watch all those powerplays, especially towards the end of the game, you can clearly see that the coach didn't make any adjustments in the positionning of his forwards on the PP

all I saw, is 5 players on the perimeter passing the puck, along the boards, and that's all.

I mean, anyone who understands hockey can see that the Russian powerplay is struggling big time against a large box. so anyone would understand that you have to put someone in the middle, like a forward at the top of the crease maybe.

but no, Bykov sticks to his plan.

he's got Malkin and Kovalchuk and Frolov circling around fruitlessly, and apparently, he likes it.

that was PATHETIC. and this word isn't strong enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->