WC: May 4 GDT - Russia vs. Italy

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
that's not exactly the same thing. FIFA World Cup is held every 4 years. In order to get there you have to play Qualifying games, i am sure u r fully aware of that. And with all due respect to Brazil, I think the gap between Russia and Brazil in soccer is smaller that a gap between Russia and Denmark in hockey. Cameroun gave Argentina all they could handle in 1994, remember?:) France in 2002 got their butts kicked as well by bunch of "nobodies". To summarize it all: Russia in soccer has a chance of beating Brazil ( a very small one, but it's still a chance ) where in hockey, teams like Denmark, Ukraine, etc have no chance at all to even be somewhat competetive against teams like Russia, Canada, etc.
P.S. Did u think Ukraine will make top 8 teams at the last FIFA world cup?

Who advanced to semi-finals from Sweden - Belarus match-up in Salt Lake City olympics? Or who won the game Germany vs Czech Republic yesterday?

Yeah, i know, there are only few examples of this so it isnt really comparable. But there are always 2 strong teams and 2 weak teams in the starting groups, meaning the 2 weaker teams will battle it out in a game which will be interesting for the fans and will promote the hockey in their respective countries. Atleast a bit. And especially if they can give hard time for the 2 top teams.

Kaktus*

This is a good game.. Not as close as many may think..

Italy with 6 shots on goal 2 of them were chances in 2 periods.

Kap-the-Head

Jan 7, 2006
Saint Charles, IL
Frolov 2-0
Frolov and Kovy going 2 on 1. Frolov with the puck. Passes it to Kovalchuk, he one-times it back to Frolov, who puts it into empty net. Good play, I like.:handclap:

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Frolov 2-0
Frolov and Kovy going 2 on 1. Frolov with the puck. Passes it to Kovalchuk, he one-times it back to Frolov, who puts it into empty net. Good play, I like.:handclap:
Can't break that line, they're playing good.
Something has to be done with AO, he is wasted so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad