WC: May 4 GDT - Russia vs. Belarus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Berkut said:
I'm talking about this tournament, but all of them. It's been 8 years I'm watching hockey here in Canada, and not a single time did they show a Russian game unless of course we play against Canada or US...

That's baloney. I've seen Russia playing the Czechs on Canadian TV. I've seen the Swedes play the Finns. I've seen the Czechs play the Swedes. Hell, I watched the U.S. playing Latvia the other day. Nobody shows more hockey worldwide than Canadian TV. Every tournament we hear fans all over the world complaining that the world juniors or world championships aren't being shown in their country while we in Canada see it. How often does Russian TV show Canada playing anyone other than Russia? Not often, if ever, I bet.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Macman said:
That's baloney. I've seen Russia playing the Czechs on Canadian TV. I've seen the Swedes play the Finns. I've seen the Czechs play the Swedes. Hell, I watched the U.S. playing Latvia the other day. Nobody shows more hockey worldwide than Canadian TV. Every tournament we hear fans all over the world complaining that the world juniors or world championships aren't being shown in their country while we in Canada see it. How often does Russian TV show Canada playing anyone other than Russia? Not often, if ever, I bet.
Can you ****ing read?! I'm not complaining about Canadian TV not showing enough hockey, I'm just telling that they never show Russia play, TSN prefers to show stupid Sweden - Danmark game, instead of Russia - Slovakia which was the most interresting game of the tournamane as of yet.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Berkut said:
Can you ****ing read?! I'm not complaining about Canadian TV not showing enough hockey, I'm just telling that they never show Russia play, TSN prefers to show stupid Sweden - Danmark game, instead of Russia - Slovakia which was the most interresting game of the tournamane as of yet.

Can you read? I said I've seen Russia play countries other than Canada on Canadian TV.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Ended 2-0. I would say strong performance by the Russians, but as somebody allready said, the shots weren't too dagerous and hard for Mezin to stop, although he was very solid in net! I am still very surprised how the Belorussians were completely outmuscled in every play along the boards! Are they weak, or the Russians are so strong?
Belarus is very hard to play against! Russians have to improve on the powerplay and have to score a little bit more.
Am I the only one who cares about the standings in the group? If Slovakia wants to be first in the group, they have to score 4 goals more than Austrians (4-0,5-1,6-2...). I hope Austrians will not let them do that!

GO AUSTRIA!!!

espo*

TORRUS said:
Ended 2-0. I would say strong performance by the Russians, but as somebody allready said, the shots weren't too dagerous and hard for Mezin to stop, although he was very solid in net! I am still very surprised how the Belorussians were completely outmuscled in every play along the boards! Are they weak, or the Russians are so strong?
Belarus is very hard to play against! Russians have to improve on the powerplay and have to score a little bit more.
Am I the only one who cares about the standings in the group? If Slovakia wants to be first in the group, they have to score 4 goals more than Austrians (4-0,5-1,6-2...). I hope Austrians will not let them do that!

GO AUSTRIA!!!
They can easily outscore them by four though.Actually,it may be tough for them to stop.

mackdogs*

Wingmanrob said:
I'm not surprised, I've noticed considerable bias against Russia from TSN, but what can you do?

Do they know the cold war is over? Did anyone tell them?
TSN, like any other television station, will show whatever they think will pull in higher ratings. Crying about it doesn't help.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
And what about Kalinin's mistake that almost costed us a goal?! Stupid DSF put the comercials right after it, so I couldn't see the replay :banghead:
I actually don't know what happend. Belorussian guy in front of an open net, Zvyagin sliding the other direction and still manages to save it. Incredible save!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
TORRUS said:

GO AUSTRIA!!!

yeah but the standings do not mean anything because after the preliminary round both teams will have 3 points,and Russia has a better goal differential than Slovakia. The Czechs will have 4 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->