WC: May 4 GDT - Canada vs. Belarus

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
I haven't seen Belarus in this tournament, but if I look at their scoring sheet I found out that line Antonenko-Zadelenov-Ugarov has been quite effective. Altought this line has quite bad +/- rating.

I expect alot more from Staal brothers and J Williams. Eric has made only 1 goals, Jordan has 0+0 and Williams only 1+1. These guys should be more often on the score sheet. Again I love to see Phaneuf on ice. He has such a quick wrister and great use of size.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Where you can watch this game on internet? I know you can watch the game on tsn but this is not possible for a guy outside of canada...

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Bad period from Canada. They took three slashing penalties, and Belarus scored only once. Belarus had 3/5 pp two times, but only one goal. I think Canada will be quite agressive at the 2nd period.

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
Doan with a shortie 1-1

Is somebody watching the game?! I'm at the office so I just have that freaky pop up ticker something on my computer.

Is that bad reffing or are the canadiens that undisciplined?!

I mean considering the D pairings of
Jackman Schultz
Commodore Brewer
Phaneuf Hamhuis

well does not sound that quick if you ask me .. the most considering the bigger surface.
I doubt they'll get deep into the tourney with that D

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
This must be the worst officiating of the tournament so far. As soon as you touch someone - penalty. Touch someone near the boards - boarding. The Slovak ref must think he's being paid by the number of calls he makes. Embarrassing.

Macman

May 15, 2004

Both.

Canada had some sloppy stick fouls, but the referee was also incompetent. He called absolutely everything on Canada, including a charge when the Canadian took exactly one stride before hitting his opponent. Belarus had four 5-on-3s in the game.

Last edited:

CraigC

Feb 22, 2006
Burlington
Doan with a shortie 1-1

Is somebody watching the game?! I'm at the office so I just have that freaky pop up ticker something on my computer.

I mean considering the D pairings of
Jackman Schultz
Commodore Brewer
Phaneuf Hamhuis

well does not sound that quick if you ask me .. the most considering the bigger surface.
I doubt they'll get deep into the tourney with that D

Plus Weber.....

Looks like the best D in the tourny if u ask me??

Macman

May 15, 2004
Any idea why Nash wasn't around for the 3rd?

There was an injury of some kind but I didn't see it. The announcers thought it wasn't serious but they seemed be guessing/wishing more than anything. Canada's done if he can't continue.

hexrae

Jun 29, 2006
Peg City
There was an injury of some kind but I didn't see it. The announcers thought it wasn't serious but they seemed be guessing/wishing more than anything. Canada's done if he can't continue.

It'd be a tough loss, but they'd be FAR from done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad