WC: May 3 GDT - Germany vs. Czech Republic

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
Wrong. The Goalies weren't the main factor, imo.

No they weren't, you're right!

I had a good feeling about this game and was about sure we win ... posted it on other germans boards too .. dunno why.

I just posted that "czechmanek-analogy" here because I supposed that was something common even for the NA readers.

Krupp is the best thing that could have been happen for Team Germany. This team (after I fell from my chair when I saw the roster first) has heart, soul and is playing an efficient system .. they belive in themselfes and they just have fun playing - something we hadn't in years.

I'm not a big Team Germany fan (maybe because I'm not "german" or lets say half) but this victory made me proud too and will turn the focus (even of the media) on the US game saturday noon on ARD TV. A win there could be huge for the game of hockey in germany.
We need that kind of attention!

Good work guys !!!

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I'm not a big Team Germany fan (maybe because I'm not "german" or lets say half) but this victory made me proud too and will turn the focus (even of the media) on the US game saturday noon on ARD TV. A win there could be huge for the game of hockey in germany.
We need that kind of attention!

We do we do. I knew that ARD wouldn't show the game against the Czech at prime-time. Would have been different if this was handball.
I remember lots of years ago watching the finals of the German hockey league on ARD and all the media attention hockey got back then.
We need to go back to that.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Something is wrong. I consider Czechs a top team if not number one team in this tournament but losing to Germany?

While Sweeds tie DEN?

And turn the game over and win?

Don't worry.
Every team is allowed one bad game.
Be happy it wasn't a semifinal.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
I really thought, the German team would lose every game, after the injuries of Sascha Goc and Andreas Renz and without any NHL-player. But the young defenders like Sulzer, Hördler, Draxinger, Osterloh and Dietrich really surprised me....and of course it's a great worldcup for Michael Wolf and Hackert!!!

I can't believe it, we have won against CZE!!!!

toranaga

Apr 20, 2007
way down south
I'm so heart broken... I checked the IIHF site this morning, like every day to see what games are on, and saw "no games scheduled today". Now as I just casually read some normal news, I was very confused when there were articles about games played today. Check the IIHF site again and see they suddenly had games listed today. I can't believe I missed it :(

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Geez, that was boring like hell. Germans entrenched themselves and played a purely destructive game.

I kinda knew this was going to happen after the 1st period. Czechs never played good against Germans.

Gongratulations to Germany anyway (we had a German diplomat at our university yesterday and he had such a devilish smile on his face - he knew this was gonna happen :devdance: )

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
ARD/ZDF will cover the games against USA and Belarus.
They didn't show yesterdays game, because it was in the late evening, even going into primetime, and they are not going to touch their lineup for something hardly anyone watches.

Germany still outshot the Czechs in the first two periods ;)

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
ARD/ZDF will cover the games against USA and Belarus.
They didn't show yesterdays game, because it was in the late evening, even going into primetime, and they are not going to touch their lineup for something hardly anyone watches.

Maybe not considering prime time ...

But we had about a million watching the Canada game and after todays media about yesterdays win we'll top that vs. the US ... maybe double it, who knows :handclap:

Svensken

Jan 5, 2007
Sweden
www.gamecore.se
I like the german hockeyteam. Of the teams that are considered bad the german team to me is the best. You can see they are getting better and better and also more good german players end up in nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad