WC: May 3 GDT - Germany vs. Czech Republic

GPF

US Bandwagon
Oct 22, 2004
Barcelona, Spain
Czechmanek will win this one ... for the Germans :biglaugh:

Oh no wait .. his slump will come heading into the Play Off Round, sorry :sarcasm:

Kaktus*

Germans look better and better with each year. Still losing but losing to the top teams and losing in close games.

OilerOlli*

Shots on goal so far 15-7 for Germany.
6 minutes to go in teh second period. We had 2 good chances. One time Cechmanek cleared on the line, and the other time we hit the post...

Kaktus*

Something is wrong. I consider Czechs a top team if not number one team in this tournament but losing to Germany?

While Sweeds tie DEN?

OilerOlli*

2nd period over. Still 1-0 Germany.
Not much to see from the czechs. Even in their several pp oportunities they weren't overly dangerous.
We making it sure tough for them, good Game from us so far.

danista

Mar 25, 2004
Cologne, Germany
Great game by Germany. The PK is great, aggressive and mostly very solid positing. Very active sticks by the defenders, they don't give the Czechs any time. In the offense many pucks to net which produce some solid chances including Wolf hitting the post. What i don't like from the germans some bad turnovers in the own end. That could cost us the game.

OilerOlli*

Great game by Germany. The PK is great, aggressive and mostly very solid positing. Very active sticks by the defenders, they don't give the Czechs any time. In the offense many pucks to net which produce some solid chances including Wolf hitting the post. What i don't like from the germans some bad turnovers in the own end. That could cost us the game.

Yeah, but our Goalie has nothing to do so far.

OilerOlli*

OVER! 2-0 GERMANY! :handclap:
What a nice day for german hockey. Even if we don't make it to the quarterfinal, this tournament is already a success for Germany.
We stay in the A pool, and we beat the Czechs.
Without Sturm, Hecht, Goc, Ehrhoff, Schubert, Seidenberg, Greiss.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
And Elvis has just left the building! 2-0 Germany! :yo:
Man, were the Czechs flat today.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Great tactical play by Germany. Uwe Krupp has done great job with this team and it was fun to watch this game. Germany played really well all the game long. They were active at the first and second period and they defended well in the third.

:handclap:

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
Oh, wie ist das schön, oh, wie ist das schön... :handclap:

Congrats to Uwe Krupp, on paper a crappy team, but on the ice golden (well, nearly ;) )

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
so boring game (great tactical play by germany)

I don't think so. Like I said on my previous post, I think Germany was quite active on the first two periods. They were forechecking and didn't just stand on the blue line. This was much better game than was Finland-Switzerland.

OilerOlli*

I don't think so. Like I said on my previous post, I think Germany was quite active on the first two periods. They were forechecking and didn't just stand on the blue line. This was much better game than was Finland-Switzerland.

I guess when your team lose 0-2 it is always a boring game. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad