WC: May 3 GDT - Denmark vs. Sweden

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Steen another 2 min penalty for breathing on a Danish player.

They just said this Czech ref has an average of 56(!!) PIM each game. Incredible. I must have misheard it for 36 or something, still a brutal number though. This guy must be used to reffing peewee hockey.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Well we always tank one game per tournament.

Let's hope this is the tanker:)

And let's be positive, it's good for hockey in denmark:)

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
This just sucks. It should still be 2-0. The 5on3 PP was a joke from the ref, and there was CLEARLY a crease violation on the 2nd goal...

And *** was that that PP goal about? there was NOOOOO penalty there...

Oh my god, this just sucks..

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
for one day yes :sarcasm:

How could you say that, he is going to get a hattrick in the third, i can promise you! :sarcasm:

Anyway, Båg needs to adjust the lines with Wallin/Hedström/Warg, and Bäckström/Steen/Emwall. None of them are working. I would rather see Bäckström/Steen with Warg, and Emwall with Wallin and Hedström.
We need to get Bäckström and Steen going. They won't get going if they don't receive some top pp-time, they allways seems to be the last line that gets the chance.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This just sucks. It should still be 2-0. The 5on3 PP was a joke from the ref, and there was CLEARLY a crease violation on the 2nd goal...

And *** was that that PP goal about? there was NOOOOO penalty there...

Oh my god, this just sucks..
To be fair, that ref has been awful against both teams. And to say that you would win with 2-0 after one period of hockey is stretching it a little bit too far.

On a OT note, I fell asleep for about a period. ;)

Last edited:

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes he has, but look at it from our pov. We are playing an elite nation, and almost all the Swedish goals had something to do with the ref being incompetent. It would've been 2-0 if he didn't suck.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Best match ever by Denmark. We should have won this one if it wasn't for that stupid ref...

Yes and no:)

Denmark gave a very good game. Possibly best ever.

But Denmark still needs a little bit more than that, and a bit more than refs, to win that game.

But the danish game are getting better, and this second round, not relegation round.

So congrats to Denmark :)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
As entertainment goes, this was not much to remember..

Denmark played well, Sweden did not. I think 5-2 was way too big numbers all things considered. It would not have been unfair for this game to "end" 3-3 instead. Denmark should have a realistic shot at beating Switzerland.

Love the new danish generation of players. I wonder how a U-23 game between Sweden and Denmark would end up. Probably pretty even.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Yes and no:)

Denmark gave a very good game. Possibly best ever.

But Denmark still needs a little bit more than that, and a bit more than refs, to win that game.

But the danish game are getting better, and this second round, not relegation round.

So congrats to Denmark :)

Isn't the USA game in 2003 the best ever for Denmark?

Anyway, all credit to Denmark, they where playing great, Sweden got a lucky break on that 4th goal.

It will get tougher from here. After the Finland game, we should now where we stand.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yeah the Danes are coming. Looking forward to our NT in a few years with players like Lars Eller, Mikkel Bødker, Morten Madsen, Kirill Starkov, Mark Mieritz, Sebastian Svendsen, Philip Larsen, Oliver Lauridsen, etc etc.

I think our u23 teams would be very, very even.

Anyway, all credit to Denmark, they where playing great, Sweden got a lucky break on that 4th goal.

It will get tougher from here. After the Finland game, we should now where we stand.

The result was better, yes, but i think they played at least as good in this game.

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm

I wouldn't dare to speak for the Danes but I'd guess that if beating USA is very nice then beating Sweden in hockey would send Denmark into a wild party frenzy :)

Now both Sweden and Finland has had their tank games.
We'll have to step up for 'the game'.
And Denmark should party hard.

Look at the good things, Denmark played a really good game. And Norway is playing relegation :)

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Denmark played an impressive game. In some ways the outcome was closer than the score, but you can't ignore the shot differential. Still, Denmark kept it close most of the game.

The refs were brutal to both teams. I don't mind if you call 20 penalties in a game as long as they're deserved, but so many of those weren't even borderline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad