WC: May 21 Gold Medal GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Republic

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Bäckström is once again playing very well, I really hope he gets a point this time.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Recipe for success. Instead of a young dollar hungry player we have a 30 y/o rookie, Fredrik Enwall, who is a hard working math-teacher. Said before the tournament that it felt bad leaving his students before the end of the termin. You gotta admire a guy like that, playing hockey at the higest level and working at the same time.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The first was the luckiest goal ever, but I guess you earn luck in sports. :D Nice skating and puck handling by Kronwall, he shows his skills each and every time. Second goal was a school example of a deflection goal, really nice.

After the first period, offense is leading against defense. The Swedish game plan to put high pressure on the Czech defensemen when they are trying to make the play is doing fine.

Now Czech Republic has to change their game plan and play our game instead.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Luck? Well of course some. Though there are 5 players infront of the net, 3 of them Swede's. It could be called a bit of bad luck that the puck ended up on Mattsons stick who was covered, if not we would have scored a non-lucky goal.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
3:0 Swe kronwall. What's going on? I hope they are not going to repeat Can - Fin game. I want some effectiveness

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Good game Swe so far. Looks like Cze finally ran out of luck. They 'should' have lost against both Russia and Finland.

Edit: 4-0 and game over :)

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
This is over already. Sweden is totally dominating the game. Nylander... scary good :amazed:

Congrats to Sweden! :handclap:

SChan*

whooo, so far this is probably the best final sweden ever played. We're in complete control and score on our chances. :jump:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->