WC: May 21 Gold Medal GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Republic

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
3-2 OT Czech or 5-2 Sweden. I think we have a shot at breaking them the first 30 minutes, with some luck. Our chance is breaking Hnlicka. But if this game is thight the Czech will win it.

The Czech haven't played well so far, but the only reason for that is that they don't belive that they can play a offensive puck possesion game and play well for the entire tournament.

With the new rules its really dangerous to play a defensive game and trap like the Czech have. Before the tournament I would have called that a suicide-tactic. The fact that the Czech have made it this far is proof of how good they are. In terms of talent they are maybe the most talented team in the tournament.

Look at their defense, 6 really competent players, defenitly atleast at the same level as Tre Kronor. Kaberle is a world star. Skoula is good offensivly and a better fit in international hockey. Hejda-Krajchek is a really steady 2nd pairing. Michalek and Richter are rocks on the defensive side. They have a great mix of offensive and defensive D's.

Up front they have allot of really low maintainance gamewinners. They are like a rattlesnake. Czech have one big star up front, and one big star on defense, they also have really good depth, maybe the best on defense in the tournament.

I am scrade sheite for this game. Sweden had a really tough game late last night, both physically and mentaly. The media in Sweden who have seen a Czech team wave the white flag and surrender, only to then pull a Trojan horse and win, belives that there is no way Sweden will loose this game are only asking Swe players stuipid questions, like "can you loose tomorrow?". That could be a major misstake... :shakehead

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Come on guys, post! We are in the WCH final. Could be 10 years before we are here the next time. Lets enjoy! :yo:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
As always:

If the Czechs get the first goal their chance of winning is 75%. If the Swedes get the first goal their chance of winning is 60%. No one plays counter attack hockey better than the Czechs.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This game will be offense vs. defense. Since many of our defensemen are so much better in the offensive zone than in our own, it's no secret where we want to keep the puck. And the Czechs will probably let us.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
The Czechs are tricky. I really don't like how our media is handling this, treating it like a done deal. The czechs have a great deal of talent (more than we do, actually) and only let in one goal against Finland.

If Sweden can get a couple of quick goals then they have a good chance of winning. The advantage will swing in favour of the Czechs if they score first or can keep us from scoring in the first half of the game. The Czechs also have the advantage if the game goes to OT.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Aside from Canada, Czechs are the worst opponents tactically. Other posters have pretty much given descriptions of how the game will evolve given who scores first.

It's so ironic, that the Czechs are typically stereotyped as the least "hearted" of all Euros, yet they manage to go pretty far in national tournaments, and almost irrelevant of what team they field.

Jan 5, 2006
I still dont understand why they are playing Jesper Mattsson instead of Björn Melin.??

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
I usually support SWE in these kind of games, but because CZE are the underdogs I am going to support them! Go Czech go! :yo:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully a tight and entertaining game. Feeling a bit optimistic so I will predict a 4-2 Swedish win, with the last goal being an empty netter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad