WC: May 2 GDT - Sweden vs. Switzerland

twelve

May 19, 2005
This game can only have a good effect on Switzerland.

Either they loose with a great goal difference and are provoked into a reaction so they play better in the next round,

Or they loose after a tight match and see what they can play better than in the two previous matches,

Or they go into overtime, and OT win being more a thing of luck than anything else and so they can say they were Sweden's equal; again something for the confidence,

Or they actually win, which will be a great boost for the self-confidence, especially as it would be the first time in a while that SUI wins against SWE.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Well, I can't see it here in Germany either so I hope some of you guys update this thread regularly.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
5-0, Sweden. I'm starting to feel sorry for Abi. He was always inconsistent, but this past year has been brutal for him.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Swedish Steel vs Swiss Cheese in this period.

Hörnqvist is awesome. :teach:

So far in the tournament, he is my favourite player on this team, no one is close really. He is such a gritty player, and he isn't afraid of releasing shots. Really solid pick by Nashville.

Bäckström have some nice moments aswell, but he needs to play with scorers, Steen is more of a playmaker, and Emwall is just... big.

Anyway, i must say that Thörnberg have impressed me, i didn't think he would fit in this kind of tournament, maybe i was wrong.

Great play by Sweden so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->