WC: May 2 GDT - Belarus vs. Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Fan.At said:
grabovsky scores another one. they always leave him alone on the powerplay.

So does this mean he has a hat trick?

Damn, from all accounts, Grabovski has been playing very well for Belarus, couple with his great season in Russia, he's looking like quite the find for Montreal in the 4th round...

I guess that head scratching from Habs fans at the draft has been replaced by :yo: head nodding!

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
417 TO MTL said:

Damn, from all accounts, Grabovski has been playing very well for Belarus, couple with his great season in Russia, he's looking like quite the find for Montreal in the 4th round...

I guess that head scratching from Habs fans at the draft has been replaced by :yo: head nodding!
grabovsky scored the first, second and 4th goal for belarus.

CH Wizard

417 TO MTL said:

5th round...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Fan.At said:
grabovsky scored the first, second and 4th goal for belarus.

Wow, so he has a hatrick!

Looking good...althoug it's vs. Austria, still positive for Belarus and Habs fans!

bizzz*

Looking good...althoug it's vs. Austria, still positive for Belarus and Habs fans!
The guy has put behind Austrian goalie more pucks than entire Russian team :)

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Berkut said:
What if they beat Slovakia? They're still in it I think.

I don't think so. They will both have 2 points and Belarus will advance because they beat Austrians. What worries me is that Russia will have to beat confident Belarus and score more goals than Slovaks score on Austrians. I hope Austrians put a lot of effort in front of their own crowd and make it tough for Slovaks!

1. Russia 1-1-0 7-5 3
2. Slovakia 1-1-0 5-4 3
3. Belarus 1-0-1 6-2 2
4. Austria 0-0-2 2-9 0

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
You're right. Well, I hope Austria play for honor and give all it has!! But at least Belarus advances which is good.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
- Mikhail Grabovsky
- Too many penalties
- No offense
- No leader on the ice (where were Setzinger, Kalt?)
- Bad powerplay
- Bad penalty killing

I think that's pretty much all the reasons for this loss. It's a shame that the austrian players didn't even fight to make the score look better.

On a positive note, I would like to say that young Patrick Harand played a solid game and never gave up.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
TORRUS said:
I don't think so. They will both have 2 points and Belarus will advance because they beat Austrians. What worries me is that Russia will have to beat confident Belarus and score more goals than Slovaks score on Austrians. I hope Austrians put a lot of effort in front of their own crowd and make it tough for Slovaks!

1. Russia 1-1-0 7-5 3
2. Slovakia 1-1-0 5-4 3
3. Belarus 1-0-1 6-2 2
4. Austria 0-0-2 2-9 0

Why would you care about the outcome of the Austria - Slovakia game ? Slovakia will enter the next round with 3 points and a 5-4 goal difference anyway. The only thing that will change wether they're first or second is their schedule.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
stv11 said:
Why would you care about the outcome of the Austria - Slovakia game ? Slovakia will enter the next round with 3 points and a 5-4 goal difference anyway. The only thing that will change wether they're first or second is their schedule.

Because it is important to me who finishes first in the group. I have a A1-D1 ticket and I want to see Russia. Otherwise, you are right, it wouldn't matter much.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
TORRUS said:
Because it is important to me who finishes first in the group. I have a A1-D1 ticket and I want to see Russia. Otherwise, you are right, it wouldn't matter much.
I'll watch that game too. As well as 3A - 3D.

Where are you from?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
TORRUS said:

That make sense. But you'll see a great game anyway !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->