WC: May 14 GDT - Slovakia vs. Sweden

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Slovakia gotta be fighting for the last place in the QF, so it would be a tough game for Swedes, I'd say 4:3 Sweden.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
motojime said:
Slovakia gotta be fighting for the last place in the QF, so it would be a tough game for Swedes, I'd say 4:3 Sweden.
We were fighting for the QF in the game against SWI and we played REAL bad.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
12# Peter Bondra said:
We were fighting for the QF in the game against SWI and we played REAL bad.
Um, I thought you got 2 games in hand... My bad. Still, you've got a competitive team and next year will fight for medals.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Sweden has no clue what to do in their own zone. As usual when we play Czechs, Slovaks or Russians, the difference in speed is obvious and we can't get any kind of transition game going. Every goal scored will have to be scored the hard way. Can't fault Henriksson for the loss, but it is evident that Sweden has only three goalies that are good enough for international play. Since both Lundqvist and Tellqvist are not here then Holmqvist should play every game.

burgundynblue

Aug 7, 2005
Huge surprise. Great hockey by Slovaks - attack, attack and one more time attack, exactly what they are famous for :)

SChan*

Bäckström better play soon. I am tired of having worse players than him in the lineup. Look at Crosby he is dominating at 18 years old, so is 19 year old Malkin. Please BÅG.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
SectionX said:
Bäckström better play soon. I am tired of having worse players than him in the lineup. Look at Crosby he is dominating at 18 years old, so is 19 year old Malkin. Please BÅG.

Mattsson has been rubbish. HÃ¥llberg is atrocious. Ronnie S does look malplace in many situations. Samuelsson is still suffering from his late NHL season paralysis... ouch. HAlf of the defensemen are not good enough to compete against top opponents. Kenny can do it, Kronwall can do it (he can create stuff to outweigh the brainfarts), Mange J is fast enough not to get schooled repeatedly.. the rest.. ouch.

Also, we need a goalie that makes not only the routine saves but actually a few game winning ones. Honken can do it. Salo COULD'VE done it. Henriksson - not so sure. :shakehead

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
SectionX said:

He will be in the line up against Russia :handclap:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
GuloGulo said:
Also, we need a goalie that makes not only the routine saves but actually a few game winning ones. Honken can do it. Salo COULD'VE done it. Henriksson - not so sure. :shakehead

Cant really blame any of the goals on Hento. He was left alone with the defenders out fishing when they scored most of their goals. And Salo, please, cant we just move on.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
johnny_rudeboy said:
Cant really blame any of the goals on Hento. He was left alone with the defenders out fishing when they scored most of their goals. And Salo, please, cant we just move on.

Nopes I'm not BLAMING him for the goals. All of them were results of defenders running away or looking around for anyone but the right guy... but to win a tournament like this you need some game breaking saves in those situations. It's frustrating not to get more than adequate goaltending - especially now that the rest of the team is 75% SEL calibre.

Anyways, if they play like this against Russia, we gonna get smoked bigtime. Enough analysis paralysis in the own zone. :teach:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Honken will play against Russia. He, BÃ…G, said so yesterday anyway. Hento played cause it is the world cup and he should get a chance to play a game, one for all, all for one and all that, and Honken needed the rest so he is fresh against Russia. Think the team will do well tonight, very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->