WC: May 14 GDT - Canada vs. Czech Republic

culee

Apr 19, 2006
so why is everyone hating Auld because of a bad game in the tournament?
is it because of the last goal that he could've really stopped to keep the tie??

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Auld was bad! He has no uspide.

Bonk + Zednik vs. Bertuzzi + Auld + Bourdon?!?@?

give me a break. Auld has been terrific all year, and he actually came over to help his country win. Had a few nice games, but a stinker today. Most young goalies have these games from time to time..

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Pretty good game of hockey, Auld did not make too many big saves but its not like Hnlicka was all world either. These two may meet again. Denis will get a chance to run with it. Canada were poor early which did not help Auld, the 5th goal was through a weird screen. Why did the D-man try to go down on a shot from there? A d man is taught to let that shot go and be prepared to make a play on the rebound. Going to ice when the situation does not call for it is odd. There was a small screen and Balastik's shot had eyes. We'll look for a big win tomorrow.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
So, if Finland beats Canada and USA beats Czech Republic then we get the triangle (CAN, CZE, USA) with each 6 points. Then it's GDF that matters, right? Canada 2nd, CZE 3rd (if they lose to the US with less than 5 goals) and USA 4th. Right?

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
i'm surprised that canada didn't keep the pedal to the metal after they tied the game up. when i left for work it was 3-2 CZE and Richards had just scored. they looked like they were starting to control the play. disappointing loss but as long as they come back strong tomorrow it should be ok. is it imperil that the team wins tomorrow?

Zaddik

i find it funny how people are hating on auld now. it's always easy to hate the goalie nobody knows about over a goalie that has been 'established' for a while in the league.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
cyrisweb said:
Are we forgetting that first week game by Denis? if Canada's offence wasn't on fire that night Denis would have easily cost us that game.
You mean the game against Denmark where we only had 15 players? I can't blame Denis under those circonstances.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Pretty good game of hockey, Auld did not make too many big saves but its not like Hnlicka was all world either. These two may meet again. Denis will get a chance to run with it. Canada were poor early which did not help Auld, the 5th goal was through a weird screen. Why did the D-man try to go down on a shot from there? A d man is taught to let that shot go and be prepared to make a play on the rebound. Going to ice when the situation does not call for it is odd. There was a small screen and Balastik's shot had eyes. We'll look for a big win tomorrow.

I pretty much agree: Auld had a poor match but Hnilicka wasn't so hot either. Czechs had lots of good chances and that was hardly Auld's fault. Maybe it was the big ice or fear of the admittedly very strange IIHF "zero tolerance" or simply the fact that the match wasn't really that important but Canada simply did not play very convincingly. Unfortunately I think that that will change today...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad