WC: May 12 GDT - Sweden vs. Belarus

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
One good period was enough. Too bad that they couldn't give Honken a shutout, he was good today.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
This is the way BÅG wants his team to play if he feels they can be a candidate to win it all in the end. He did the same thing at the Olympics and did it with FBK as well... play good for one or two periods, make sure to win the game, save strenght and energy for the next game. Like it or not this is the way we will play with him in charge. Atleast we will be fresh when the knock out starts. This is why Hardy never won anything with Tre Kronor since the team wasted to much energy in the first games at the group stage. It worked for him with DIF but their team was so strong and had played like that for a whole season and he could role on 4 lines hwo knew just what to do. Wikegård likes his hockey that way also, 100% every shift, every game. Looks good for a couple of games but if you dont have an energy team who can handle it, runner up is always the best you can be. Just like Finland. No disrespect to them, I like their team and their spirit but they are always running on an empty tank when the medals will be handed out.

Nice to see (hear) JJ back in action. On the radio they said he played safe the whole game, atleast he is playing. :handclap:

Telecaster

Aug 18, 2005
Stockholm
johnny_rudeboy said:
It worked for him with DIF but their team was so strong and had played like that for a whole season and he could role on 4 lines hwo knew just what to do. Wikegård likes his hockey that way also, 100% every shift, every game.:

Ooh how i long for those days.....

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Kel Varnsen said:
Hehe, yeah, some good series between our teams..
*Grr*

Sure was, back then seeing Falk in the starting line up was something to get worry about. Hope you guys will sort out the arena thing so you can keep some players and make a challenge again. Maybe even can get the tabloids to cover the play off some more then they do. It was like, one or two pages only in Aftonbladet when both LHC, VF, HV71 and FBK played their 7th semifinal game.
The country side clubs ;) dont really need a strong DIF but the hockey in Sweden needs atleast some sparks and fireworks in the nations capital.

Telecaster

Aug 18, 2005
Stockholm
johnny_rudeboy said:
Hope you guys will sort out the arena thing so you can keep some players and make a challenge again. Maybe even can get the tabloids to cover the play off some more then they do. It was like, one or two pages only in Aftonbladet when both LHC, VF, HV71 and FBK played their 7th semifinal game.
The country side clubs ;) dont really need a strong DIF but the hockey in Sweden needs atleast some sparks and fireworks in the nations capital.

So do i, so do i.. It went to fast after the last Championship, guys leaving here and there for money or trying to get a shot in the NHL, we just barely had a team to start the season after our last win.

I feel really good about Fimpen being back, and Dragan Umicevic is being signed for a 1 year deal.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Kel Varnsen said:
So do i, so do i.. It went to fast after the last Championship, guys leaving here and there for money or trying to get a shot in the NHL, we just barely had a team to start the season after our last win.

I feel really good about Fimpen being back, and Dragan Umicevic is being signed for a 1 year deal.

Fimpen yeah, good player. As I said, he played for Sunne IK when they where in Allsvenskan and he was a joy to watch every game. He made something happen every shift. Not a skill player even do he could set up some nice plays but so much energy he could fire up a game all on his own. Had some dirty tricks but they are always good when he plays for the team you cheer for isnt it? Where hoping for Dragan to sign for us. I know we atleast showed intrest in him. Guess he will get to play more and also have closer to home. He is a 08 isnt he?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Maybe we should take this discussion in another thread.. ;)

..but I can only agree with you both. It was a nice time and a good rivalry and I kinda miss those days. However, the short sighted way DIF was managed those years are really what have caused the club troubles in the last few years.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Congrats to Sweden, they clearly outplayed Belarus. Grabovsky could have scored few in the third, but oh well, Sweden had by far more quality chances overall. The lone bright spots for Belarus were Mezin, Zadelenov and Grabovsky.
Do Swedes play every game with such intensity or was it post-Solt-Lake special? ;-)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->