WC: May 1 GDT - USA vs. Slovenia

Status
Not open for further replies.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Dan Galvin said:
I thought USA would have control of this game,but Slovenia seems to be headed for a real rough tourney

Not surprising, Slovenia is probably the weakest team in the tournament. They are nowhere as good as Latvia.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
I've only seen the 2nd and the 3rd period, but I must say, Anze Kopitar is a good one. He was the best on his team (not that hard though) at 17 years old and even if he was playing in a higher level than in the NHL, he was the only one that made things happen. Top 10 pick in my books.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
USA is playing ok. The 3 or 4 quality chances the Slovenians have had throughout the game have been handled easily by Dipeitro.

It 7 :0 with 1:24 or so left in the 3rd.

Kopitar was by far the most impressive player for hsi side. He's only 17 but his prescence was seen in all zones. The major knock on him is his skating but he didn't look out of place at all. He has good size and hockey sense. He broke up a 2 on 1 by hustling back into his zone and knocked the puck off Weight's stick before weight could make the pass. great recovery.

McGuire loved Knuble and Leopold for the US. They had solid games.

US wins as expected. You have to give Solvenia credit 1000 registered players and 6 in door rinks in a country of 2 M and they are in the top 16 hockey nations in the World. They may not win a game but kudos to them for qualifying.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Game over. U.S. wins 7-0. Slovenia looks to be the worst team in the field, but hey, a win's a win, and the U.S. got the job done.

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
Good first game for the boys. It sure beats getting ambushed by Denmark a la 2003.

Next game against Latvia should be tougher, though. Latvia played Canada tough yesterday, and you can count on them giving the same effort against Team USA.

espo*

CDeeps said:
Good first game for the boys. It sure beats getting ambushed by Denmark a la 2003.

Next game against Latvia should be tougher, though. Latvia played Canada tough yesterday, and you can count on them giving the same effort against Team USA.
They are much better then Slovenia.The U.S should still win but they are more then capable of upsetting teams if their opponenet does'nt bring a quality game to the table... the Latvians can play.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I just watched the Mediazone coverage of the game, and I have to say, the play-by-play was pretty hilarious:

Doug Weight is a "pretty decent stickhandler" :biglaugh:

Mike Modano is a "pretty decent skater" :biglaugh:

A few other things:

* Doug Weight looked awesome. He ruled the offensive zone.

* Mike Knuble looked great. There are several guys like him on the team who combine skill with grit, but he looked the best.

* Yan Stastny impressed me. He's small, but has a ton of speed and made a nice move on a breakaway to score a shorty.

* The Slovenia jerseys are AWESOME! What is that on the crest, a yeti or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad