WC: May 1 GDT - Switzerland vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Thanks guys anything else you notice be it positive or negative its great to hear! I hope he can become something good for the Habs :D

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
stv11 said:
Well, you can't blame Gerber for that one, Prospal had way too much room and made a nice deke

blabla, I hate this fact in switzerland, if abby make one mistake(olympia2002)all the critic is over him and when gerber play ******** he is although the hero. :shakehead

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
wassup77 said:
maybe, maybe not

We'll never know, but you have to give credit to Prospal

Tritsche said:
blabla, I hate this fact in switzerland, if abby make one mistake(olympia2002)all the critic is over him and when gerber play ******** he is although the hero.

Are you kiding ? Aebischer is always praised, despite failing to be convincing for any other team than Colorado. It seems that you just can't say anything bad about him.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
stv11 said:
We'll never know, but you have to give credit to Prospal

Are you kiding ? Aebischer is always praised, despite failing to be convincing for any other team than Colorado. It seems that you just can't say anything bad about him.

yeah Prospal did that nice...but I'm just saying that both those goals were goals that he could've possibly saved. Its another thing if you get a slaper from blueline with no sight wich get directed or something. I don't know if Abby whould've done it better though.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Again, strong start by the czech, but the swiss are now playing better. Still, they leave too much space to the czech, who have way to much time to shoot.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
it goes so-so for switzerland again. some good actions followed by something dumb... if they could consistently play concentrated they could do some damage...

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
wassup77 said:
yeah Prospal did that nice...but I'm just saying that both those goals were goals that he could've possibly saved. Its another thing if you get a slaper from blueline with no sight wich get directed or something. I don't know if Abby whould've done it better though.

I agree that both goals were not impossible to save, but on the other hand they wouldn't have been easy saves for any goalie.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Good defensive play by Streit on a one on one against Jagr, he didn't fell for the deke and forced Jagr to send a weak shot.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
stv11 said:
I agree that both goals were not impossible to save, but on the other hand they wouldn't have been easy saves for any goalie.
I agree, winnie had all the time in the world and Jagr has a good wrister.

Switzerland should score to make the game alive again.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Jenni got an head and a back injury during the SEL final. He still tried to play in the exhibitions against Finland, but finally decided to withdraw. Sprunger is not ready yet and never got any consideration.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Fan.At said:
Is Marcel Jenni injured?

Did Julien Sprunger get any consideration to make the team?

Yes, Jenni is injured and Sprunger is a big talent(for me the best swiss forward talent) and made great season in switzerland with 20 points(11 goals), but is not already prepared for a wc. Maybe in 2 years he will be there...

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Tritsche said:
Why not? Normally Bezina make a goal.
Bezina only scores with slapshot from the blue line. It takes some skills to convert a breakaway, which usually isn't the strength of a hard hitting defenseman.

End of the second period. Czech started strong again, but Switzerland played better at the end and had some chances to tie the game. Overall, this period was more balanced than the first and a one goal lead for the czech is a logical score so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->