WC: May 1 GDT - Switzerland vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Didn't Aebischer have a poor season? If so, then Gerber should be the obvious choice.

I say Switzerland wins this 3-2. ;)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
I predicted close games on opening night, and that's what happened. But today will be the day of blow outs.

Prediction: 6-1 Czech Republic

The defensemen alone will score more points than the Swiss: Zidlicky, Kaberle, and Kubina will get points.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Mr. Penguin said:
Huh?
Hmm... Maybe you just hate Färjestad. ;)

I do, but it's still a fact that he's wasting too much energy on slashing and hitting players in front of his net.

He is a pretty good keeper, but not as good as Aebi. Gerber leaks 5-hole, I've never seen a SEL-goalie let that many pucks in between his legs.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Aebischer has so many weaknesses, he's nowhere near Gerber when he doesn't have a top 5 NHL team in front of him

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
Vikke said:
I do, but it's still a fact that he's wasting too much energy on slashing and hitting players in front of his net.

He is a pretty good keeper, but not as good as Aebi. Gerber leaks 5-hole, I've never seen a SEL-goalie let that many pucks in between his legs.

Also, he let out to many rebounds. Aebisher is way better.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
You really want to use the rebound argument in favour of Aebischer ? Gerber may be below average in that aspect of the game, but he's nowhere near as bad as Aebischer.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
But Aebischer had a poor season. He often was a backup in the league and he was a backup for Sparta Prague during the Spengler Cup. Gerber played solid, Aebischer not (this year]. So Gerber is the obvious choice IMO...

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
stv11 said:
You really want to use the rebound argument in favour of Aebischer ? Gerber may be below average in that aspect of the game, but he's nowhere near as bad as Aebischer.

okay, I haven't seen Aebischer this season so I don't know how bad he is right now. But When I've seen him in NHL he has been pretty good imo

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
wassup77 said:
okay, I haven't seen Aebischer this season so I don't know how bad he is right now. But When I've seen him in NHL he has been pretty good imo

I agree, even though he's had a very solid defense in front of him. Gerber had perhaps the best defense in the SEL this season, and still he looked shaky and let easy goals in.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
There seem to be some czech fans in the building :D

I didn't expect boos when the swiss team stepped on the ice.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
i expect a tough game with swiss defence and czech victory
shots: 40 : 15 Czechs
score: 3:1 Czechs

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Switzerland's line up :

Gerber

Keller - Streit