WC: May 08 GDT - Russia vs. Belarus

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Kaizer said:
One thing to add : Mikhnov had a very good game... if not Grigorenko (who was very bad today) he could have 2 or 3 assists and was very valuable for us :yo:

I agree and damn is he BIGGGGGGGGGGGG or what :eek:

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Belarus played well, but they were lucky most of all.

Russians could've played better, but even with this sucky play the game could've ended 4-2 or 5-2 with just some luck.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I guess this is the game where Russia had a lot of bad bounces. Usually it is good to have games like that at the early stage. Facing the adversity will just remind you that every game needs to be won and I think this team pulled this off. I remember in 2000 the team of NHLers could not do it and these guys did. I have a strong belief that this is a capable team. I also think that Grigorenko will bounce back - he always does.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
From a Habs perspective, how did Grabovsky and Kostitsyn look on Team Belarus today.....

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Well, two points are here... Yeah, there were many bad bounces. But actualy, we expected it to be such a close game. Belarus is playing really good.

Open game vs. Slovakia will be easier to play.

lisario

Feb 10, 2005
Peter25 said:
He has had a long season. Maybe he is starting to feel the fatigue.

According to metallurg.ru, Malkin's injured. He rode the bike instead of practicing yesterday. Coaches didn't/wouldn't identify what was wrong.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
lisario said:
According to metallurg.ru, Malkin's injured. He rode the bike instead of practicing yesterday. Coaches didn't/wouldn't identify what was wrong.

If this is the case they should have rested him in this game and maybe even against Slovakia.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Peter25 said:
If this is the case they should have rested him in this game and maybe even against Slovakia.

He has a cold, its widely documented.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Good to hear Mikhnov played well. Any more info on him or his game would be great. I am expecting Lowe to make a serious pitch to bring him over this summer. If you could compare him to another NHL player who would it be?

Is there any chance he could move up a line or get some PP time?

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
NightScout said:
Belarus played well, but they were lucky most of all.

Russians could've played better, but even with this sucky play the game could've ended 4-2 or 5-2 with just some luck.

Stop being arrogant. Last time I checked, goalie is part of the team, so you can't attribute his good play to "luck". Oh, and it could have been 4-2 for Belarus had Grabovsky and Kostitsyn buried their chances in the 3rd period.

Now, this is not to say that Russia didn't deserve to win this one, they had much more scoring chances, but again, this is what goalie is for ;)

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Another remark: officiating was great. Couldn't argue with any call, even though Belarus was penalized more than Russian and penalties eventually cost Belarus the game.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Muscle Bob said:
Goalie ? Ovechkin hited post while making penalty shot. Right after that Kolstov hited the same post..

:biglaugh:
What's next? Missed net by one inch? :biglaugh:

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Muscle Bob said:
You are just one big lol :biglaugh:

Post - is a best goalkeeper friend :teach:

:biglaugh:

Wow, you're adding alot to this discussion!
I am eager awaiting you next knowledgeble input :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad