WC: May 07 GDT - USA vs. Denmark

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
USA squeezes by 2-1. This game will be closer than most people think. USA is still experimenting with line combos and PP units.

calgarylen13

Mar 15, 2002
Roskilde
Visit site
Denmark 4-1 if its Madsen (or 4-3 if Peter Hirsch is playing)

Under stjernerne på himlen, sejler du med mig :yo:

Watch for Peter Regin to have a big game, Kim Stål with 2 goals, Jens Nielsen has to learn some Defence, but offensively i expect him to light up, and the final goal coming perhaps from Morten Green.

American goal...hmm...this is tough. Put simply Brown was the onyl decent player in the last game, so if its not him then :S

calgarylen13

Mar 15, 2002
Roskilde
Visit site
Hensta said:
We are Red, We are White, We are Danish Dynamite!
I'm cheering for Den! :D

KOM SAA DANMARK :D

Good to see a fellow 'bandwagon of doom' fan (yes we are likely doomed, but we need the fans to come flooding in, especially from our 'Nordic Neighbours'. Will we be seeing Lordi get 12 points now from Denmark :dunno: :D

Talentless Practise*

I'm with Kessell. First time i see him play, looking forward to it.

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
Danish players are playing pretty well. I´m impressed with the speed of Danish team. Hope they can keep that speed going for 60 minutes. Good to see that small hockey nations are trying to challenge the big ones.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Final Score: United States 3 - Denmark 0

20:33(2): Andrew Alberts from Dustin Brown
26:32(2): Yan Stastny from Ryan Kesler and Ryan Suter
52:52(3): Richard Park from Andy Hilbert

Craig Anderson was in net for the US and got the shutout. The US has allowed just one goal in the two games so far in the WC's, although their next game vs. Canada will be the first test for them on Tuesday.

Shots were 37-19 US

US were 0-7 on the PP
Denmark were 0-5 on the PP

Last edited:

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
So Kessel has a goal and an assist in 2 games ??

Nice start, really looking forward to Tuesday against Canada, will have to call in sick to work so I can watch it on TSN.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
petrklima85 said:
So Kessel has a goal and an assist in 2 games ??

Nice start, really looking forward to Tuesday against Canada, will have to call in sick to work so I can watch it on TSN.

If Kessel continues to play well and put up numbers here at the WC's, he might see his draft stock increase a bit.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
UAGoalieGuy said:
Final Score: United States 3 - Denmark 0

20:33(2): Andrew Alberts from Dustin Brown
26:32(2): Yan Stastny from Ryan Kesler and Ryan Suter
52:52(3): Phil Kessel from Andy Hilbert

Craig Anderson was in net for the US and got the shutout. The US has allowed just one goal in the two games so far in the WC's, although their next game vs. Canada will be the first test for them on Tuesday.

Shots were 37-19 US

US were 0-7 on the PP
Denmark were 0-5 on the PP
Kessel???

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
UAGoalieGuy said:
Oh my bad. When the goal was first scored his name was put on there and was on there at the end of the game.
I just wanted to make sure. Do you know if the game was webcast?

Small Brain Presence

From what I've heard of the two games, it doesn't appear as though Kessel is getting any power play time at all and limited ice time in general. This tournament isn't going to help his draft standing IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad