WC: May 05 GDT - USA vs. Norway

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Sounds like the US thus far is taking some sloppy penalties and are killing a 5 on 3 right now. Based on the announcer's pbp, Anderson has made some really good saves to keep Norway from scoring.

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
where are you getting the scores? the live link on the iihf site shows the score is still 0-1 Norway in the first period...

:confused:

oh never mind...those were y'all's PREDICTIONS....lol

Pushkin*

Will the usa repeat their masterful performance of 1998 when they finished 12th??? Really they are hopeless abroad look à Torino tie with Latvia and lost vs. Sweden-Slovakia-Russia-Finland!!! And they are nearly 400 000 hockey players there vs, 75 000 in Russia about the same in Czech 10 000 in Slovak and 50 000 Finland Sweden 60 000 really they are hopeless!!!! Go Danmark later on !

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
well, to be fair, hockey isn't really a popular sport here....baseball, football, soccer (as far as kids playing it), basketball...have far more kids playing than hockey

so, yeah, we've got alot of people here, but not too many hockey players; 400000 sounds pretty high to me...

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Andy Hilbert is on a personal crusade to beat the world record, for minor penalties taken in one game.

I think he'll do it..

Pushkin*

According to the IIHF you have 435 000 registered players. I know it's not a popular sport in your country if divided by your total population...But still 435 000 is second only to Canada and almost about 350 000 more than the Czech the Russian the Swedes and The Finns so there is no excuse for such bad showing.The minor programs must be horrible it's unconceivable. Appart from a couple of "lucky" wins on US soil you have been most of the time terrible elsewhere.

Pushkin*

Oh at least your soccer team is now respectable and Canada is still a joke in the world's #1 sport.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Pushkin said:
According to the IIHF you have 435 000 registered players. I know it's not a popular sport in your country if divided by your total population...But still 435 000 is second only to Canada and almost about 350 000 more than the Czech the Russian the Swedes and The Finns so there is no excuse for such bad showing.The minor programs must be horrible it's unconceivable. Appart from a couple of "lucky" wins on US soil you have been most of the time terrible elsewhere.

What about the US's back to back U18 World Championships these past two years? I think this past U20 worlds the US lost in OT in the bronze medal game. What do you mean by "minor" programs? Are you talking about like AHL ECHL UHL and those kids of leagues or like youth programs?

Edit: Sorry the US lost the last two years in the bronze medal game, in 2005 it was in OT in 2006 they lost 4-2.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
watching this after the Olympics and a game 7 in Calgary makes me wonder why they even take the time to organize such unintresting tournaments

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad