WC: May 05 GDT - Denmark vs. Canada

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Ah the joys of being part Dansk. I get to cheer for whoever I want in this game and I leave happy no matter who wins.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Heja Danmark! :yo:

I hope Damgaard will be back for the Norway game or the relegation round (if it comes to that). Too bad that one Nordic team has to eliminate the other..

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
parabola said:
Ah the joys of being part Dansk. I get to cheer for whoever I want in this game and I leave happy no matter who wins.

Can't hurt cheering for the country you actually live in as opposed to a country you've prolly never been to :dunno:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Nihilism said:
Rookie of the year scores again... 4-3 Canada

That does have a very nice ring to it, but I will say: Doubtful. He came up just short most likely at the end. But with the way he has been playing since the Olympics, and not skipping a beat today, I am fairly certain that he can console himself with a shelf full of hart trophys in the future.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Denmark has a better and smarter system than Canada, but the skill on the white side should be able to overcome it. Crosby owns.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Nihilism said:
Can't hurt cheering for the country you actually live in as opposed to a country you've prolly never been to :dunno:

True, it's always Canada first, but at least this game i wont cry if Canada loses.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
For anybody who can see the game, how is Staal by the way??? I guess he's not part of the Habs org. anymore, but how is he?

Thanks.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Jaded-Fan said:
It says 'Crosby, game winning goal' on the live feed. Game is over?

(linked from here):

http://www.ihwc.net/english/

FYI, seeing GWG on the scoresheet does not mean the game is over; based on previous experience when watching scores on the IIHF website live score tracker; the go ahead goal seems to be labeled the game winning goal until another goal changes the situation

Geese_Howard*

Matrix said:
For anybody who can see the game, how is Staal by the way??? I guess he's not part of the Habs org. anymore, but how is he?

Thanks.

playing like eric staal, does that make u feel better? ;)

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Matrix said:

Thanks.

The cover of the book on Staal? Injuries. Page 2? Injuries. Page 3? Injuries. The rest - decent talent, good skating, good shot, but he was never more than a decent SEL 1st liner.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Jaded-Fan said:
It says 'Crosby, game winning goal' on the live feed. Game is over?

(linked from here):

http://www.ihwc.net/english/

The IIHF site always labels the current 'would be' GWG as the GWG during the game. For instance, the first goal scored is called the GWG, and that tag follows goals around all game until the end. It's odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad