WC Group F: May 3 GDT - Slovakia vs. Sweden (0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborik10

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
This is going to be a tough game...hopefully, if Hoss is not in the ineup, Satan, Gaborik, Demitra etc., will be able to get it done. Hossa has been huge for this team so far. Lasak has also been wonderful. Tough game....I'm going with 3-2 SVK.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Slovakia is a very good team, but Sweden have had a good tournament so far, and have been lucky several times. I think it will happen again.

Prediction: 2-2
Svk: Demitra, Lintner
Swe: Salomonsson, Jönsson

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
It would be freaking weird if Finland wins it 2-1 and Sweden loses 3-4. Then it will be decided on penalties who ends up second or third in the group. That's kinda crazy, should the finns wait to hit the showers after their game if they win 2-1?

Anyhow I predict this game to end a tie 3-3.

Bäckman, Höglund and Alfredsson

Lintner 2 and Satan

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Slovakia wins, 6-2.

Goals:

Slovakia: Demitra 2, Satan 2, Orzagh, Chara
Sweden: Hedström, Sjöström

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Slovakia is hands down the best team in the tournament so far. Sweden reminds of some Finnish teams: all work, no goals. And as it has been pointed out, Slovakia must win.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Excellent first period. Slovakia the better team in the first 10 and then Sweden took over. Jan Lasak and Henrik Lundqvist have both been great.

SChan*

What's with the ref? Only 2 minutes powerplay for Sweden and 10 for Slovakia, and even in shots.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
hehe, I think he has done a pretty good job though. The Swedish calls have been quite obvious. A bad high stick, HÃ¥llberg going after a leg etc.
Slovaks have been hooking quite a bit, but then again the Swedes have too.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
yup, just when I was saying the ref had done a pretty good job.. he missed that one. Terrible..

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
this one is over, 0-0
Great game. Lundqvist with his first shutout, he was once again terrific. And of course Jan Lasak deserves a lot of credit as well.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Goddamn idiots didn't even try to win.

Give the Swedes a free ride to the medal games now. I hope to God that they lose to Latvia or whoever they're playing against. That would be something.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Predatore said:
this one is over, 0-0
Great game. Lundqvist with his first shutout, he was once again terrific. And of course Jan Lasak deserves a lot of credit as well.

Two very good goalies. Henrik Lundqvist really impress me, especially when he rob Demitra on the breakaway. This could very well be our new goalie star in the NHL, pred. :handclap:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Predatore said:
this one is over, 0-0

there is no OT or shootout this round??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->