WC GROUP F: Apr 30 GDT - Sweden vs. Finland (1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
Sundin was excellent last season but not nearly as good this season. Looks very slow.

He looks confused and totally out of sync too. Also he's starting to lose his physical battles as well, which is supposed to be his strong side.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Robertsson 4-ever said:
He should maybe try to get the puck on goal sometimes, instead of always through it down in the boards, but overall, I'm satisfied with his play.

agreed. Christian Bäckman is excellent at getting the puck on goal. It has been almost a trademark for him in the NHL this season and I am glad he is successful at this in the WC as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
ZeroTheHero said:
Also for a change after having some excellent games, Niko Kapanen looked completly off today. Not a single huge hit thrown and positional play defensively was respectable at most.

What Niko Kapanen have you been watching all these years? He's never been known for hitting.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
This hurts.. Finland played great deffensively, but the swedes got a lucky bounce once again.. I nearly got into a fight with my roommate after the game, this is diffucult.. Koivu and Selanne to the team and were getting the gold!!!! Klara vappen kaikille!! And we are off to our student union party!!!! Peace folks! :handclap:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
TK79,
Hasn't Koivu already declined to play due to an injury? They mentioned it during the Swedish broadcast.

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Norseman said:
Ringnes >>> Danskepølse

Oboy, I'm glad I'm not finnish. Lose a point to the swedes on a triple post in the last minute.... I would not be able to breathe normally in days.

Fordelen med øl er at det finnes så mange forskjellige typer. Selv om jeg boikotter Ringnes har jeg fortsatt mange typer å ta av. Det samme kan kanskje ikke sies om dansk salami ;)

Loosing a point like that is always hard..especially to the Swedes. Hopefully their Vodka will help many Finnish people get through the day/night.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Norseman said:
Oboy, I'm glad I'm not finnish. Lose a point to the swedes on a triple post in the last minute.... I would not be able to breathe normally in days.

We're already starting to get used to it. Always those lucky B******s tie the game in the last minute or tie the game and get the win. Still, the triple post makes the urband legend even bigger legend. Swedish have unbelievable luck.

IMO these two teams are equal so the result was justified. Team Finland had some bad luck i the first. Second period was Team Sweden's control. We just scored the first one and imo it went in easily. Third period was again Team Sweden's control but Team Finland's tactic allowed those yellow jerseys to enter our d-zone. Team Finland's defence was good imo but the luck just wasn't in our side at the end. I don't know why we didn't get any PP time since there were few situations where the ref could have blown his whistle.

In any case, great game by both teams.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Implant? Yeah right. Bigger titts for Noronen. :) (sorry to be the most unfunny!!)

Anyway im wishing well to ya all! Have a inhuman VAPPU, get drunk, get funky, wfe! Dont think the lions need any Yours one, but thanks anyway!

go finland go!!

Last edited:

Slime

Mar 30, 2003
Sweden
Padawan said:
We're already starting to get used to it. Always those lucky B******s tie the game in the last minute or tie the game and get the win. Still, the triple post makes the urband legend even bigger legend. Swedish have unbelievable luck.

Yes they do, but it was pathetic to see Finland put 4 guys on their blue line and start defending when it was more than one period left in the game! I mean, teams like Czechs and Slovaks do that all the time, but unlike those teams Finland didn't even try to attack when there was chance for break-aways! They looked like Danes or Germans out there, and of course that strategy would be punished.

I don't like Summanen at all. Not only is he ignoring Jarkko Immonen, Jari Viuhkola and other younger players, but his strategy reminds me too much of the stupid "underdog" mentality that Finland had for too many years until Curre Lindström realized that Finland very well could dominate a game with creative offense just like any other nation.

There is no way Finland can win this tournament with such defensive mentality, when you haven't got the tradition of Czech/Russia/Slovak quick turn-overs and break-aways as support. And it's going to end with a quarter final loss against Canada or Czech republic this time. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->