GDT: WC Group E: May 3 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Canada (6-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Nov 22, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
flamesfan01800 said:
I do not know if this has any relevance to this subject but I am throwing it out there anyways :dunno:

The thing about this Canadian team is that Scott Niedermayer and Ryan Smyth will most likely be the only ones on the World Cup team.

They have some elite league players who are playing for their country and that to me seems to be the difference between some of the canadian players. They just seem to be there because they have nothing better to do. But not all of them that is for sure. If we had nothing but a big roster of Ryan Smyths we would have no problems because he is there to represent his country to the fullest.

Can't agree with some of your statements. Looking at this tournament,yes, S. Neidermeyer will defiately make the team but Smyth should definately NOT.Ryan has not played well at ALL at these championships and didn't for much of his season with the Oilers. Heatley, on the other hand, should be on the team based on his play here and how his game consistantly improved since his comeback. Maybe Smyth will improve but so far he's shown nothing.

As for a number of the Canadian players, they are here to impress Gretzky and Lowe and that's why they're here. Brewer in particular fits into this category and Staios has even stated that he thinks he could have a shot at making the team.( I don't think so Steve.)

A

SChan*

Sweden is missing players like Forsberg, sundin, naslund, lidstrom, zetterberg, ohlund, holmstrom, johnsson, I am sure they would make a difference also. But you play what you got.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Make a difference? Of course. Guarantee an easy victory like that previous post implied? I would think that Nagano would have taught people their lessons.

Then again, in Nagano, it was a pretty dumb decision to not have Gretzky go in the shootout. Gretz might've not scored, but I think he had the best chance out of anyone to score on the Dominator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad