WC Group E: May 2 GDT - Canada vs. Germany (6-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
The Austrian said:
today you see how hard it is to play to big games in 2 days. yesterday we were tired, today the piefkes...

i don't think it's so hard to play 2 games in 2 days. but team germany isn't willing to fight today. they look like figure skaters.
and austria were tired yesterday? ehm...not really. it's just that if you take out vanek, there's not enough left to play top10 hockey, although i like what austria did the last years and there are some nice guys. but it's too early for austria, in a few years it should be different.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
zecke26 said:
it's just that if you take out vanek, there's not enough left to play top10 hockey.

Don't forget Kalt, he should come back to the DEL, he's a great player!

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
GermanGirl said:

like i said, some nice players. but kalt isn't a top guy either. and yes, i'd like to see him back in the DEL.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
GermanGirl said:

Agreed, he is a good player when playing on top of his game. However, his season is Sweden was terrible. There are some loose rumours he'll sign with another SEL team but I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to the DEL or NLA.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
The Austrian said:
i hope that... but we have the wrong coach... pock is an idiot... noone likes him..
:mad:

can't say something about him, cause i never noticed him before, but from what i heard the last days, he seems not to be a good coach.

but i'm no fan of hans zach either.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
The one problem i have with Zach is that he feels Kunce can handle some of the worlds top players. Kunce seems to lose his mind playing Canada and take many penalties. Why Zach does him the disservice of playing against Heatley i have no idea.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
wouldn't it be time to pull kolzig and bring in whoever is backup (i guess mueller)? not that the goals were his fault, altho he should have saved at least two, but he should be sick of the defense by now and this is not the best thing when you want to prevent goals.

boy, why can't they stay out of the box?

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
The one problem i have with Zach is that he feels Kunce can handle some of the worlds top players. Kunce seems to lose his mind playing Canada and take many penalties. Why Zach does him the disservice of playing against Heatley i have no idea.

i totally agree. kunce shouldn't be on that team. he interfered kolzig on goal 1, maybe olie would have saved it otherwise.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
wow, goal germany, andi renz. time to fight and try to make the loss a bit more pleasant.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
what a chance by kreutzer, he should have made it. a 2nd goal would be nice. they seem to play better now.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
horrible defensive play by Germany, like freeking youth team. If Canada would push up another gear they would score 10 goals plus. Our goal difference is really gonna stink after this game which means we need to beat the Swiss. If we play like today no chance of doing that.
By far Germanys worst game of the tournament.

Last edited:

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Agreed this is a woeful performance from the Germans. Love Benda and he's been good but i think Ehrhoff, Seidenberg and Schubert will give the team a more mobile and better puck moving effort in September. Leask, Retzer, Kunce will be fighting for a spot or two. Not sure about Molling and i'm fine with Ludemann. Will Zach change to a more up tempo game with more talent at his disposal?

Last edited:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Agreed this is a woeful performance from the Germans. Love Benda and he's been good but i think Ehrhoff, Seidenberg and Schubert will give the team a more mobile and better puck moving effort in September. Leask, Retzer, Kunce will be fighting for a spot or two. Not sure about Molling and i'm fine with Ludemann. Will Zach change to a more up tempo game with more talent at his disposal?

luedemann is ok, retzer is doing what he can, but leask, kunce and especially molling should be out. i'd choose goldmann over those three. molling is by far the worst player i've seen for a long time. he's clutching and grabbing just not to fall on his butt, he simply can't skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->