WC GROUP E: Apr 30 GDT - Canada vs. Latvia (2-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
canada will suck once more and latvia will win 3-2 after dominating the whole game. ehm...maybe not, but's it's a least a nice thought, isn't it? :D

Bumjoo Wang*

Two of my favourite teams play today - I really hope Latvians will be able to play good - a tie is what I hope for - It would help Latvians reach the quarterfinals, and wouldnt hurt Canadas chances badly..

2:2, I say

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
HF_Rangers said:
Canada will take it easy again, but Irbe won't be able to save the Latvians as the Canadians win 3-1.
They won't have to worry about Irbe, he isn't playing for some reason.

Bergeron scores on a scramble play, jamming the puck in at the side of the net, 1-0 Canada after the 1st period.

Pretty slow period and by no means did Canada dominate. At what point do you ask the question if Babcock is the right coach for this team?

Bumjoo Wang*

Great game so far - Latvians are not giving up!!

We have three equal goalies - Naumovs, Irbe, Masalskis - I think Naumovs was chosen because Canadiens have no played against him, maybe to let Irbe and Masalskis rest before the most important games for us against Switzerland and Austria

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
looks like the latvians have been studying forsberg tapes, they're flopping all over the place.

btw, did anyone else see the latvian twins in the stands earlier in the game :eek: YOWZA!

Wpg Jets

Mar 1, 2002
OH! CANADA!!
Visit site
incawg said:
looks like the latvians have been studying forsberg tapes, they're flopping all over the place.

btw, did anyone else see the latvian twins in the stands earlier in the game :eek: YOWZA!
Waht's the score? and if any who has the goals?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
incawg said:

Were they twins? Can't believe I didn't notice, those girls got more face time than any of the players or coaches, with the exception of maybe Zholtok. (can't say I'm complaining though :) )

The game was really quite boring, but Latvia was surprisingly competetive. Canada still hasn't put it together, they'd be in serious trouble, if they were playing some teams with more offensive power.

Bumjoo Wang*

I think, that game should have ended 2:2 - Luongo was great, and Latvians were a bit unlucky (the refs also did a bit of job, but it was not so bad) - I am actually woried about Canada - Latvians were dominating the play form the middle of second period - I am a Latvian, but I know we won't reach the finals, my second favourite team is Canada, and I'm afraid they are not playing too well too.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->