WC Group C: Apr 27 GDT - Sweden vs. Russia (3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
End of first period, 1-0 Sweden
Best period I've seen so far in this tournament.
Sweden could have scored 3-4 goals in this period probably, Sokolov has made a couple of fine saves .. as has Henrik Lundqvist.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
They say Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Yashin had a couple of great scoring chances. I hope this turns around in the second period.

Predatore, how does russian defence look?

Sibir; If you are watching the game live, let me know what you think about it.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
yup, they had one each I believe. Not extremely dangerous but quality scoring chances. Lundqvist could take care of it though.

The Russian defense has had some problems IMO, Swedish forwards are checking very hard and have been skating around the Russian net very easily in the first period, which is the main reason why they have had so many scoring chances.
I'm not sure, but they don't look like the quickest bunch of players the Russian defensemen..

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Michael Nylander makes a difference. His ability to hold on to the puck is fantastic, I just love this guy. Niklas Andersson have looked so-and-so by his side, but maybe is a better choice then Kahnberg if you look at experience.

This Ovechkin kid have had some nice moves as well. Respect. :yo:

SIBIR

Dec 9, 2003
Berlin - Novosibirsk
Slick Nick said:
They say Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Yashin had a couple of great scoring chances. I hope this turns around in the second period.

Predatore, how does russian defence look?

Sibir; If you are watching the game live, let me know what you think about it.

sorry, in Germany they don't show Russians on TV :banghead:

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Thanks Predaotre,

that's what I thought would be our biggest problem in the tournament. Our defense on paper didn't seem very reliable.

Good luck for the rest of the game!

Rossija vpered!!!

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Robertsson 4-ever said:
Michael Nylander makes a difference. His ability to hold on to the puck is fantastic, I just love this guy. Niklas Andersson have looked so-and-so by his side, but maybe is a better choice then Kahnberg if you look at experience.

This Ovechkin kid have had some nice moves as well. Respect. :yo:

Nylander really was a pain in the @ss for the Habs the whole series against Boston. What a great puckhandler.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
2-1 Russia
Team Russia is playing very well now, while the Swedish D is struggling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->