WC Group B: Apr 28 GDT - Slovakia vs. Finland (5-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Ease up on Noronen, yes he made a mistake on the first goal but he also made some great saves. We got beaten on faceoffs, in corners and even outskated. This could've been really ugly if not for Noronen.

Slovaks offence is just plain sick, Lasak might be a weak point but the Finns didn't really test him.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
ZeroTheHero said:
When I said bad fundamentals I meant that he has worse fundamentals than the rest of contenders for goalie spots. Mainly we have Nurminen, Markkanen, Lehtonen, Toskala, Kiprusoff, (Norrena) and maybe even Noronen gunning for three goalie spots. Of this bunch Kiprusoff is the weakest technically.

Open Letter to Jorma Ollila - CEO Nokia

Please buy Chicago from Wirtz and give Tuomo a clean bill of health. Leijonat needs him.
Please buy Atlanta and have Lehtonen sent on an express flight from Chicago to Ostrava to be our #1 goalie.
Leijonat needs him.

Thankyou.

md17

I guess the game was much like expected. A team with NHL-stars against a team with Euro-stars + NHL checking liners. The result shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone.
Oh well, the main thing of course is that our team has such a great attitude and team spirit, not to mention how awesomely they are 'linking their strengths'. Woohooo.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
ZeroTheHero said:
When I said bad fundamentals I meant that he has worse fundamentals than the rest of contenders for goalie spots. Mainly we have Nurminen, Markkanen, Lehtonen, Toskala, Kiprusoff, (Norrena) and maybe even Noronen gunning for three goalie spots. Of this bunch Kiprusoff is the weakest technically.

No he isn't. Nurminen is, by a mile actually. Not that technique matters as long as you can stop the puck, though - and right now Kiprusoff happens to be the best of the bunch in that department.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
teme said:
Ease up on Noronen, yes he made a mistake on the first goal but he also made some great saves. We got beaten on faceoffs, in corners and even outskated. This could've been really ugly if not for Noronen.

Slovaks offence is just plain sick, Lasak might be a weak point but the Finns didn't really test him.

Can't blame Noronen(except for the first goal), Finland basically got steamrolled yesterday. The Lions were not ready when the game started and didn't really find any kind of groove until midway through the second period.Even then their feeble attacks mainly consisted of dumping the puck into the corner and loosing one on one battles there. They were unable to take advantage against the slow Slovakian defense, instead going into the corners were Svk was able to use their size and strengh. Right now the team can't score, makes terrible mistakes on defense and has average goaltending. :help:

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Robertsson 4-ever said:
BTW, it was a fantastic game. So many good players, good speed, this is the best tournament for some time IMO.

I disagree SWE-RUS is still the best game so far.

What was good.

- Couple of good looking goal by both teams
- two fast periods with contact and skillfull play
- Slovak forwards and Chara
- Peltonen & Kapanen-Hentunen-Pärssinen

What i really hated about this game = bad!

- Third period was painfull to watch. Slovaks went defensive (sort of 1-4 position), and Finland couldn´t answer the call
*they got no real scoring chances
*the four line "speed" tacktic didn´t work
*they did not have enough strenght in corner plays
*team capten Olli"päällikkö"Jokinen should of been the one to lift the team and score
- I really dont like the way Noronen jumps around like Hasek on 1 on 1 situations, his too goddamn small guy for that, stay up!!!
- the German ref was not a good one, too much huggin and holding allowed - that took alot of the speed away from game. Also he did some weird calls and missed some :shakehead

Last edited:

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
Ref had some strange calls. Pavlikovsky played without the helmet and it was OK.
I think we were better this time. dominated first period, but finished only with 2:1 lead. I liked third period very much. It didn`t look good for fans, but finaly played good defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->