WC: Apr 30 GDT - Finland vs. Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
finska said:
Looking at the goaltending situation... This was the second time that Norrena only faced around 15 shots, and still let in 1. I don't know if this is a fair assesment....but his save percentage is not looking that great.

that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

14 saves on 15 shots : 93.3% ... oh my God, he's soooooo bad! :shakehead

good goalies allow only 1 goal on 50 shots, right?

What would happen if the opposing team peppered him with 30-40 shots?

Guess what, he would allow 1, 2, 3 or 4 goals!

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
wilka91 said:
that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

14 saves on 15 shots : 93.3% ... oh my God, he's soooooo bad! :shakehead

Guess what, he would allow 1, 2, 3 or 4 goals!

Hey, you are entitled to your opinion...So am I.
I was also talking about the last game that Norrena played against Latvia. Where he faces around the same amout of shots and let in 2 goals. That would be around 86%. It's not bad, but seeing as the defence is doing it's job. I would expect a little more from the goalie (if he is to be considered good).

We are also talking about Denmark and Latvia here.. No offence, but the quality of those shots if probably not the same as that of Canada or Russia.

We will see...

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
finska said:
Looking at the goaltending situation... This was the second time that Norrena only faced around 15 shots, and still let in 1. I don't know if this is a fair assesment....but his save percentage is not looking that great. What would happen if the opposing team peppered him with 30-40 shots?
These games are difficult for goalies where they can't get a good rhythm going on. And when they don't have good rhythm going on so the shots are more difficult to save. I'd say considering this situation, Norrena played an ok game. The only goal Team Denmark did was a result of sloppy play by Team Finland's defence. The let the guy skate right in to the best scoring sector and the shots was a good one. Norrena had little chance of saving that shot, but he could have saved it. That's why I said he had an ok game instead of a great game.

If he wouold face against 30-40 shots, I'd say he would play better than he did today. Goalies in general play better with more shots coming in.

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Staal to have surgery Saturday. Suffered a "severe" laceration of the right foot, cut by a skate. The extent of the damage is as yet unknown, but some tendons could be affected. Sounds eerily like that injury Audette suffered a few years ago, to the wrist.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
re:

Padawan said:
These games are difficult for goalies where they can't get a good rhythm going on. And when they don't have good rhythm going on so the shots are more difficult to save. I'd say considering this situation, Norrena played an ok game. The only goal Team Denmark did was a result of sloppy play by Team Finland's defence. The let the guy skate right in to the best scoring sector and the shots was a good one. Norrena had little chance of saving that shot, but he could have saved it. That's why I said he had an ok game instead of a great game.

If he wouold face against 30-40 shots, I'd say he would play better than he did today. Goalies in general play better with more shots coming in.

You may be right.. I might be jumping down Norrena's throat too early here. My problem is that I didn't get to see the game on TV, I only saw the score and stats. Maybe if I had seen the game live, I would have a different take on the situation. Thanks TSN for not showing this game :thumbd:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
petelars said:
Staal to have surgery Saturday. Suffered a "severe" laceration of the right foot, cut by a skate. The extent of the damage is as yet unknown, but some tendons could be affected. Sounds eerily like that injury Audette suffered a few years ago, to the wrist.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers soon. Injuries are part of the game but I hate to see it happen so every time... :shakehead

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
wilka91 said:

Well..YES.

That goal was not his fault, but it was Denmarks ONLY scoring chance in the game. Hard to say really...If Denmark had like 4-5 scoring chances in the game and Norrena let in one, that would have been good...this time we wont see how he would have been in the 4 other chances. But then again...Brodeur sucked also :)

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Norrena played a solid game.

Poor defence from Finland allowed the Dane to skate in loads of open ice right at Norrena and fire a lazer RIGHT in the TOP CORNER....not many NMs would have saved it, had it been Heatley/Jokinen/Zetterberg who shot it, everyone would be saying "wow, what a shot".

Im not saying Norrena is the best in the tourny, but yesterday he couldnt have done anything more than he did.

Streaker-man

Oct 7, 2004
Finland
Ott = Snott said:
What is it with Niko Kapanen whenever he puts on a Finland jersey..

The energy in the teletubbie line! Pure chemistry between Niko, Timo Pärssinen and Jukka Hentunen! (Sometimes featuring J. Jokinen)

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
petelars said:

The Swedish broadcast said he got cut over a toe (how the hell can a skate cut through the skate there?). He wont be back for this WC's :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->