WC: Apr 30 GDT - Finland vs. Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Finland on the PP again

Period over 1-0 finland

Parssinen and Kim Staal left with injuries, Olli Jokinen got hit in the face with the puck at the end of the period.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Pärssinen is likely to return for 2nd period.

Jokinen has played well together with Kapanen and Hentunen (came there after Pärssinen's injury)

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Eloranta just misses on a breakaway - Hirsch made the save but it got by him and got stopped by the post

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Commentator from mediazone broadcast is terrible

"This guy over here is hurt a little bit, and this guy over here is going to the penalty box." :biglaugh:

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Denmark played good power play but couldn't score goal.

Still 1-0 for Finland with little over 30 minutes played.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Difficult game, not very good scoring chances for Finland except two breakaways (Hagman and Eloranta)

Denmark is probably getting tired, they didn't play 2nd period as well as 1st despite not allowing any goals.

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Vikke said:
He was cut? I didn't see what happened, hopefully it's nothing serious. You guys really need him for the coming games!

Well, I doubt they'd take him to hospital if it was just a superficial cut. And yes, we do need him. His experience is very important to this team. He was an important piece in the line combinations, should they break up the kiddie line (Nielsen, Regin, Hansen).

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
The fatigue is beginning to show now. Still 2-0, ½way through the 3rd, though.

Edit: Jokinen has been an absolute MONSTER on faceoffs.

Last edited:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
petelars said:
Poor performance by the ref in the last minute. No 2 min for Karalathi, and moves faceoff outside. :confused:
In the Karalahti situation 2 minutes would not have been wrong but the face off from the neutral zone was a good call. One of the Denmark players passed the puck by hand.

Good disciplined game from Team Denmark and solid goaltending. Team Finland was a disappointment although few players played well. Karalahti was good overall, the third line was the best line for Team Finland. Norrena played an ok game too. The important thing we got ourselves a victory. Not the solid victory I hoped and expected but victory nevertheless.

Great game from Team Denmark. :handclap:

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Padawan said:
In the Karalahti situation 2 minutes would not have been wrong but the face off from the neutral zone was a good call. One of the Denmark players passed the puck by hand.

Good disciplined game from Team Denmark and solid goaltending. Team Finland was a disappointment although few players played well. Karalahti was good overall, the third line was the best line for Team Finland. Norrena played an ok game too. The important thing we got ourselves a victory. Not the solid victory I hoped and expected but victory nevertheless.

Great game from Team Denmark. :handclap:

Looking at the goaltending situation... This was the second time that Norrena only faced around 15 shots, and still let in 1. I don't know if this is a fair assesment....but his save percentage is not looking that great. What would happen if the opposing team peppered him with 30-40 shots?
I think that Westerlund seriously has to consider giving Backstrom a chance, otherwise I don't like the look of this at all. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->