WC: Apr 30 GDT - Finland vs. Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
First game of the tournament. It's important to get a solid victory from the first game and Team Finland should take it. I would think Team Denmark tries to defend and exploit any chance to do a counter attack. I predict a solid 7-1 victory to Team Finland.

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
For the honour of vappu, Finland will crush Denmark 9-0.

Olli Jokinen 3+2
Tomi Kallio 2+3
Ville Peltonen 1+5
Jani Rita 1+1
Niklas Hagman 1+1
Petteri Nummelin 1+0
Pekka Saravo 0+2

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
wilka91 said:
6-0 Finland.
:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Don't you guys know how well Denmark has been playing lately?

I predict a 3-3 final.

That said, I expect Finland to bounce back in the tourney and go to the semifinals at least.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
VanIslander said:

I predict a 3-3 final.

That said, I expect Finland to bounce back in the tourney and go to the semifinals at least.

Yes I know, and my 7-0 prediction still stands. Finland has a team that can absolutely destroy opponents that are not in the top 7, but could lose to the other top 6 because there are only few "big game players". Finland has not lost to anyone outside the top countries in 12 years.

These finnish league players like Jussi Jokinen etc. really bring it on in games against an easier opponent, so it should be a real beating tonight. Denmark has a very good team though, it's just that Finland usually takes care of the easier opponents pretty well.

Streaker-man

Oct 7, 2004
Finland
VanIslander said:

I predict a 3-3 final.

We all know how dangerous Denmark is especially in the beginnig of the tournament. It´s just that we Finns give 110% in every game and don´t just surf around like our Russian neighbours ;)

I hope 6-3 for Finland and 6 shots for Denmark leading to a goalie exchange in the nest game. In Bäcks I trust! Norrena hasn´t convinced me enough in international tournaments.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Sotnos said:
Unfortunately? That's the only thing I want to see the game for. FINALLY I'll get to see this guy play.

In my opinion, Bäckström is the hot goalie right now and he should be our #1. Norrena is a solid starter and I know we will win denmark with him, but he is also a guy that lets in 1 or 2 goals per game by default.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Streaker-man said:
we Finns give 110% in every game and don´t just surf around like our Russian neighbours ;)
You didn't see the Austrian game today then. The Russians were not "surfing". More like flopping like beached whales everytime they got knocked down while trying to surge individualistically toward the net.

But I get your point: I greatly admire the Finn's tenacity and resilience. Esa, Jari, and Jere were no flukes in the NHL! They are among my favourites of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->